First 2 Days- What's good, what's hard?

Options
rjt1000
rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
Did day 1 last night, did day 2 this morning.

Definitely gets the heart going. Nice timing on the cardio. Was getting ready to take a break as "this is about my limit" when it switched to abs exercises.

I'm using 5 pound weights but modifying a little. Bad left shoulder so I can't do butterflies as much as the video expects. And I have to go without the lefthand weight on the lunges part of the time. Rope jumping I do modifed, not completely leaving the ground.

Ending with the bicycle crunches was killer. Abs were definitely reaching their limit.

All in all, I enjoyed the 2 workouts. Hoping I don't get bored as that's what I see as my biggest obstacle. That's why I'm dragging my kids into doing it with me.

Replies

• westcoaster09
    Options
    Did my first day just now. I am using 3lb weights and my arms are like jello! The workout is definitely intense but doable. There was a few times I just wanted to take a break but, i pushed through! good luck to everyone starting in the next few days; we can do this!
  • westcoaster09
    Options

Ending with the bicycle crunches was killer. Abs were definitely reaching their limit.

I agree, they were killer.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    Each exercise seems well timed. They ended right as I was about to quit. Keep itbup!
  • TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    why r u doing it now? challenge doesnt start till monday...did i miss something?
  • rjt1000
    Options
    Started early as I'll end up skipping a few days during the thirty.
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use quite light weights, just 2lbs - I find the last strength exercise really hard - my arms want to give up!

In terms of when we start, some people had already just started then came across this challenge - the op didn't mind this - I am on day 8 today :)
  • arlyn70
    arlyn70 Posts: 55
    Options
    me too i start yestarday.. when i told my husband that i will start monday he said to me: and what s wrong to staring today??

i wait to long!!

is hard, very hard, mostly with the crunches.. my knees are kiling me.. but i give my best :)
  • CruzZ8
    CruzZ8 Posts: 71
    Options
    Under what exercise do you guys input this in the exercise log? I'm trying to get the most accurate calorie predictors
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, Great job for everybody who has already started!!!:drinker:

I just might start today myself...been wanting to start since Friday, but trying to wait til Mon...

I'm really excited:bigsmile: I want to tackle this, so I can boast to my hubby...and it will make me feel sooo PROUD:bigsmile:

I'M READY TO B S-O-R-E:wink:

exercise.png
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Circuit training is quite accurate

I checked mine with an HRM and it was close to circuit training numbers. You can add your own exercise once you have an idea of the calorie burn - to do this go into your exercise log and search 30 day shred, it will then say it's not in the system but it will give an option to add it.
  • angie_04
    Options
    OMG!! Forgot how hard it is:noway:
    But L1D1 is OVER, and I'm still alive:wink:

exercise.png
  • rjt1000
    Options
    Under what exercise do you guys input this in the exercise log? I'm trying to get the most accurate calorie predictors

I don't log it. Most of the exercise logging is a best guestimate of calories anyway. I just keep in the back of my head that I have a little cushion on calories. Helps me to keep a calorie deficit anyway.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    OMG!! Forgot how hard it is:noway:
    But L1D1 is OVER, and I'm still alive:wink:

great job. I'd say it gets easier, but after day 4, it's not that much easier. Gets more familiar and a little easier but the bicycle crunches at the end are still killers.
  • angie_04
    Options
    I finished day 2 this morn, and I have felt wonderful all day...it put me in the bestest mood:bigsmile:
    i burned more cals today than yesterday also, so hope that continues as I keep going...
    WAY TO GO EVERYONE:drinker:
    Looks like we're all right on track...can't wait to c everybody's stats

exercise.png
  • angie_04
    Options
    Just finished L1D3:smile:
    Had to push hard 2day...kindof a blah,blah,blah kind a day:yawn:
    on to day 4 2morrow

exercise.png
  • yummyteece
    Options
    Got derailed yesterday and didn't get a chance to begin, but I've done my first workout today. Feels good. Followed it with an additional 10 min of ab/core training ball work. This is exciting.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    Just finished L1D3:smile:
    Had to push hard 2day...kindof a blah,blah,blah kind a day:yawn:
    on to day 4 2morrow

exercise.png

I skipped yesterday, sick child and working double shift. Made up for it today, Did L1 first thing in morning (5AM) and did it again at 2pm. Felt the blah blah some myself, mostly from a little boredom. Turned on some music and did my second shift of 30DS with the sound off the TV and the music on. It helped.
  • rjt1000
    Options
    keep it up!!

PS- your abs are still up for additional work after those bicycle crunches??? Awesome.
  • dealluver
    dealluver Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't know about anyone else, but I am sore today! Guess that's a good thing!
  • couponsaver79
    couponsaver79 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Oh...my...gosh I am so sore today!! Went over my calories for the day so I need to jump on the DVD and burn some off. Think Jillian can help me with that.