Introduce Yourself- if ya like!

Options
Hi,
Just was wondering if people wanted to introduce themselves and let everyone know a little about themselves?
I am curious what walking programs etc...people are doing and what they feel they want out of the group.
So, if you have a chance and feel like telling us all about yourself, please do so here!
Happy Walking!

Replies

• tshields65
    tshields65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have been a member of MFP for several months but never did anything with it until this week. I am really trying to use it now, logging everyday. This is my first group to join. I am a big fan of Leslie Sansome. I discovered her last year when i was snowed in for 9 days and literally couldn't leave my house for 5 days. I love her videos, she is a little quirky but i love the way she talks about getting healthy and losing weight to feel better and have more energy and not just to look sexy or get into a swimsuit,
  • daisydarling
    daisydarling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I just joined this group today and mfpal the first part of Jan. I am a retired custodian from our local high school. I have been in tops twice and quit both times. I tried on my own, but have been going back and forth with one weight.
    I bought a Leslie Sansone dvd. It is a 3 mile. I try and do either the 1 or 2 mile for now and maybe the 3 mile a little later.
    I have artheritis in left hip and also worry about my knees on some of her moves. Although anytime Leslie says just walk in place is ok..
    I do like the dvd. I might look into her other dvd's and see what they are and see if any of the others I can do. I also try and go to the
    YMCA in between. I like the tread mill but have to be careful.
    If I can help anyone here just let know.
    Daisydarling
  • HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am new here too.
    11 days now.
    I started this group cuz I love the Leslie Sansone DVD's : easy to follow and low impact.
    Plus she's fun to exercise with and motivating to me.
    We get lots of snow and rainy days here and I do not have a car (not one for me yet anyway cuz I am learning to drive) or anywhere to take a walk throughout the day.
    Leslie's videos help me get moving no matter what the weather or situation.
    I am hoping to go from 205 lbs @ 5' 4.5 " size 16W to a healthy 135 lbs or so and size ??
    I want to be fit and be able to wear clothes I like and not just stuff that fits.
    I also want to reduce pain and fatigue from fibromyalgia and the other conditions I have that go along with it.
    I hate to feel limited by my weight and fitness level.
    MFP gives me a sense of control over my health by being able to see clearly what I am actually doing every day.
    I am already learning so much!!
    I really am looking forward to helping and motivating all of you too.
    It is nice to have support from a group.
  • robino98
    robino98 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a special ed teacher and have worked out with "Walk Away The Pounds" for years.I just need to get back to walking with Leslie! I need to loose weight and practice heathy eating. I lost weight and inches with Leslie's workouts. So I know they work. I really liked the walk by faith dvd. I like to listen to Christian music when I walk. It gives me strength to eat a Godly diet. Being a teacher of autistic students can be stressful and I would grab food and not eat he
    althy. my fittnesspal will help. I got a fitbit and a watch that checks your heart rate,since mine has been h
    igh. My fitbit will help me track my steps and calories burned. Glad to join this group. Good luck on walking away those pounds!
    robino98
  • daisydarling
    daisydarling Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome aboard on mfpal. you can do this along with others here.
    Daisydarling
  • Denkko
    Denkko Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm joining this group because walking is essentially all I am doing at this early stage. My husband and I are avid hikers, and walking is an easy way to keep limber for those weekends when we are lucky enough to get out into the wild. Luckily we live in a part of the country where winter is virtually nonexistent, so we can walk our neighborhood. I also use the treadmill at the gym. This past holiday was the first in 7 years when I haven't been hiking in Big Bend. Later this year (with any luck), we will be hiking Guadalupe Peak, which is about 10 miles and an elevation change of about 3000 feet.
  • HalloweenGirl7
    Options
    You guys are quite the adventurers!
    That sounds like a great goal to keep you motivated.
    It must be a lot harder to hike at that elevation. I hope you take pics and post them!
    :-)
  • HalloweenGirl7
    Options
    Yay! Another Leslie fan!
    I think she is so wonderful!
    I am trying to get back into my Leslie DVD's too.
    I think it is so funny that everyone calls them "Leslie DVD's" instead of WATP DVD's or something.
    I thought I was the only one!
    Lol.
    Just goes to show you how endearing she is to her fans.
    I am going to do one tomorrow: Walk Away Your Waistline (2 miles of it).
  • farmerted322
    Options
    Hi I'm new to MFP. I really like the walk away the pound dvd for good, quick, easy to follow cardio session. I'm so glad I found this group. I reaaly want to stay commited and lose 40 pounds. I'm down six so far.

Kathy
  • Betzee16
    Betzee16 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been doing MFP for about a month now, and walking is one of my favorite exercises. I like Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. I also have a treadmill that I like to walk to music with (just about anything but rap!) I have two dogs, Norwegian Elkhound/German Shepherd mixes that I like to take on walks on a trail around our property in the woods. I really love to roller skate but the nearest nicest rink is an hour away, Neville Island. Deetzah, you might know of that rink? I don't have a ton of weight to lose, about 15, but the main reason that I want to lose some weight and exercise is because I have high cholesterol and I don't want to take medicine for it anymore. So my doc appointment is in April and I am really hoping this lowers my numbers. (Just started taking fish oil too for this) Down 3 pounds so far.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am Amy. I bought Leslie Sansone b/c I am a single mom who doesn't have a lot of time, so a quick 1/2 hour video with no complicated steps or moves to learn is just up my alley. I do like to do other things ( turbo jam, Wii fit, Zumba) but on those days where I don't want to work out at all. Leslie is my go to girl.

I am currently trying to lose weight before a surgery. But overall would like to lose weight for my health. After my surgery I will start back to exercise with Leslie since she is really low impact. Awesome group idea. THANKS.