Why Do You Wanna Shred?

Options
In this discussion I want everyone to write why they want to do the shred. I find that if I write something down I can refer to it when I either get bored, frustrated or discourage!

I want to do the shred because I am tired of having excuses why I never finish past level 1 day 4 !

Replies

• davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I could enter the UK team for starting diets. If it was a 100m sprint I think I could be one of the best in the world. The problem is I can't keep it up. I go for a month, the weight comes off, I seem to loose focus and then end up bigger than ever. I think the focus this group is going to bring will be great - doing it with like minded people has got to be easier :-)
  • edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Right now I am participating in a running group where you run a marathon a week (26.2 miles)
    for a whole year. I want to add 30DS as a way to maintain strength and help with the running.

Ed
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I want my body to be stronger. And I want to tone up everywhere. I want to push myself because I've heard how hard 30DS is, and I think doing it as a group we'll be able to spur each other on. :heart:
  • jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I want to shred because of a few reasons, but two in particular:

1 - Because I tried doing the shred for 30 days once before and got about halfway before giving up. I was just getting over that midway hump and I gave up! I don't want to do that again - I want to prove to myself I can do it.

2 - I just signed up for a 8K mud run with a co-worker. I am intimidated b/c I am not in shape and I hear these things are very challenging. I signed up for it to have fun and enjoy myself, but I also don't want to come in dead last. Or be the fattest one there.

3 - My work has started a Biggest Loser competition and I want to win! At the very least, I want to lose 25lbs in 12 weeks... (my personal goal)

I think we can all do this! We just have to do it and support one another. Totally ready! :bigsmile:
  • jennblack23
    Options
    i honestly want to do it because it's only 20 min long..lol..i actually just started doing it 4 days ago..hopefully by the time feb. comes i'll be able to move up levels every 10 days..but i like the fact that it's a great workout in such a short time and that you are constantly changing moves, i get bored easily..so here's hoping this will be something i can stick with :)
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    I want to do this challenge because I started it and did the first week but stopped. Mainly because I'm not a big fan of Jillian. I like the fact that she works you hard though. I also want to do it because I'm ready to see some change in my body. I've lost 8 lbs so far since I started in Nov. but I'm ready to see that number increase dramatically (the healthy way).

I've always been the "chubby one". Now I'm ready to be the "sexy one". I'm ready to see this the whole way through. No quitting and No excuses.
  • Babs0077
    Babs0077 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have owned this video for well over a year, and never get past 2 or 3 days. Honestly, I didn't even know there were different levels!! I also have made it a goal to sign up for one 5K a month and this will (should) help my running times!! (I'm NOT fast by ANY means!!) AND THEN there's that Warrior Dash I signed up for May 5th........ It's going to be the kick-start I need!! Thank you for starting this group!!! :happy:

babs
    xoxo
  • alil2loveable
    alil2loveable Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Okie dokie just placed my order for the dvds and I'm ready so exited. I ant to do this because i am ready to kick these last 50 pounds to the curb
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have had this DVD since Jan 2011 and never go past about the 3rd day. I keep putting it off but I want to finish this, so I am making it a personal goal. This group is like a confirmation for me to JUST DO IT. I have also joined a weight loss challenge at work to lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks starting next week and I am hoping this will help. I also love the idea and motivation of having others do it with me because I cant get my husband to even attempt it with me. (and he is ex-military LOL)
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I want to do 30 day Shred because I have done it twice before and I saw great results. My arms looked more tone and I felt I had awesome endurance. The only way I was able to finish the 30 day shred was because I joined a challenge group on here, and felt I needed to stay accountable to the group :) Hopefully that will work for me again :D
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I also love the idea and motivation of having others do it with me because I cant get my husband to even attempt it with me. (and he is ex-military LOL)

I hear you! My hubby was on day 45 of P90X and I asked him to do level 1 of Jillian's 30 day shred and he had to stop because he was so out of breath lmao...Jillian showed him!
  • neesie81
    Options
    I want to shred because I am fed up with being on 'diets'

I want to change my lifestyle, throw diets out the window and just make healthy choices instead. :heart: :bigsmile:
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I want to shred because I want to wear my nice clothes again, I don't like being in my fat clothes. I want to improve my muscle tone because there's is an irritating person at work who thinks he's better than me at everything and he dared to roll his eyes when he asked if I exercised and I said yes! It's petty but I want to irritate him, I know I'm better at my job than him, and showing him I have more impressive muscles will really cheer me up when I have to deal with him. :devil:
  • Smackdownthepounds
    Options
    I have a few reasons for NEEDING to shred for the ENTIRE month of February..
    1. I need this weight off like yesterday! I am so tired of being tired,,, I need energy and the ability to get things done!
    2. I also joined a "biggest Loser" at work... I have WON all of the challenges during the first two weeks in a row! BUT I was doing the master Cleanse...
    Now that I am eating real food as of a few days ago... even though I am staying at a healthy caloric intake and making good choices.. I am terrified of gaining back the 14 pounds I lost these past two weeks! I need to work out hard to continue losing!
    3. I need another boost in the right direction!
  • Luxxmundi
    Options
    I need to do the 30ds, for several reasons that are all kinda related. I just had my daughter 6 weeks ago, and I turn 21 in just over 4 months. While I was pregnant my BMI hit 30, which put me at dangerously obese (im 5ft 6, so not overly tall but still), although Ive lost some weight since giving birth, my stomach is flabby, and so is the rest of me to be honest and I dont feel comfortable in any clothes except my pjs! I want to be toned, and have dropped 2 dress sizes by the time my 21st comes around. I figured if I could find a highly motivated group, I might actually do it!
  • sheinz7132
    sheinz7132 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do it because I LOVE that workout but I find myself doing it for about a week and stopping. Hopefully with a little support I will make it thru the whole 30 days!
  • sahrak1
    sahrak1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I want to do this because it's actually a really good workout ! , u feel stronger and more fit each day . I got to Level 2 day 5 but then i got bronchitis so i haven't been able to exercise with this annoying cough , I've been told to give it at least 2 weeks before I go back to cardio and that will be just in time for the 1st of feb . I'm hoping i can start on 1st of feb and complete it this time xx
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    I want to do the 30DS, because the exercises are basic. I know I can or will be able to do all the exercises again. Right now I have trouble doing more than 3 jumpin' jacks in a row. But I have never been able to do jumpin'jacks. I am 43 years old and I have an 11 year old son, who I would love to be able to keep up with some what. We go camping and take our bikes. My husband and son ride the trails, while I sit at the camp site reading a book or making the meals. I use my bike to ride to the shower/bathrooms (and we usually get a camp site close to the shower/bathrooms). At any rate, I want to get back to having a llife again, instead of sitting by and watching everyone else enjoy it. :flowerforyou:
  • mom2jrn
    mom2jrn Posts: 40
    Options
    I need to have more endurance. I'm in a large Easter production where I have to sing and dance in several scenes and dancing is hard enough for me (I'm very uncoordinated) but add singing and I'm dying. Once March hits we have 5 performances a weekend, 1 on Fridays, 2 on Saturdays and Sundays, and I don't want to feel exhausted.
  • missmarts
    missmarts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds familiar davert! I have been 'dieting' for about 15 years now and find it hard to stick to regimes rigidly when the road feels very long (60lb to lose this time).

I've seen lots of positive reviews and chat about Shred and the fact that the workouts are only 20min long appeals. The fact that it only cost a fiver also helped make up my mind to give it a go!