Cathe Road Trip-New Jersey 2012

Options
PedmomJill
PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
Now the info for NJ is up! I've never been and I am hoping that I can get signed up. I don't know how it works. Is it like a lottery where you put your name in and they pick out of a hat? LOL I don't know.

Here is the info for anyone that didn't see it. http://cathe.com/forum/f126/

Replies

• thebratee1
    thebratee1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Whenever the registration day is, there will be a time that registration opens up - I can't remember if it was 12:00 or 1:00 EST. Then it is a made rush to register. There are about 105 spots that are available. It sold out in a matter of 5 to 10 minutes last year. Once the spots are filled, they start a waiting list. There are 2 hotels right next door to each other - I don't think there is a mad rush to register for them, lol. There is bus transportation to/from the gym. It is about a 15 to 20 minute drive.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Oh boy that's what I was afraid of. I hope it's not during one of my many phone conferences during the week.
  • thebratee1
    Options
    I looked back at my calendar and last year sign-ups were Feb. 18 (Friday) at 1:00. I hate it. It's so nerve-wracking that's why I'd almost rather go to a destination RT because I don't think signups are that cut-throat.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Okay here's a general question that I thought of today.

While doing Butts & Guts, I couldn't keep up and do all the floor inner thigh reps. Have those of you that have attended seen people taking breaks? I will still go regardless, I just want to know if I need to mentally prepare myself for possibly feeling a little inadequate if I can't do every rep for some things.
  • thebratee1
    Options
    Oh yeah, definitely don't worry about keeping up. There are all kinds of fitness levels, shapes and sizes there. I even saw some people give up and walk to the back of the room and just watch. It's definitely not like we are all in sync and all look like Jai and Lorraine, lol. Have you watched some of the video of the road trips? It'll kind of give you a sense of what it's like. Though I have to say being with all those people there in that kind of electric atmosphere with Cathe there, you'll definitely have the energy to keep up.
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrWnqS2yaUk

I just watched that one Regina, as a matter of fact. Gee, I was kind of obsessed with Cathe before. NOW I'm out of control! Woke up thinking about both road trips this morning lol. Then I saw that video and I"m out of control!

I think I will try to emulate the weekend once or twice beforehand to see how I will hold up. I know I won't have the same intensity, but practice can't hurt. Of course I'll be about to start meso 3 of STS when the WI/Chicago one is, so I might not be able to.

I'm so excited! Did I mention that? LOL

I just did a search for "cathe road trip" on youtube and there area bunch. Off to watch!
  • thebratee1
    Options
    I know what you mean about being obsessed. For a while my family thought it was a cult especially when I told them I wanted to go workout with her for an entire weekend. If you're obsessed now, you will be more so when you come back. The one in NJ, at least last year, Brenda, Jai, Lorraine and Cede, came on Saturday night and then again at breakfast on Sunday. I was able to get Brenda's autograph for my hubby because he has a crush on her, lol. Pretty sure she thought I was a stalker. It's really cool too when you're in the studio and then you go home and do a DVD and your like, OMG, I was just there!!! I'll be honest I was in tears going up because I was so afraid because I didn't know anybody and then I was in tears coming home because it was over. There's like this big emotional let down when it's over. It takes a couple of days for it to pass. It's also really nerve wracking when you get to go up on Saturday night and there is like a group of 4 or so and you do like a 30 second step routine with her because you're so afraid you're going to mess up.

I can't watch those videos until I know for sure I'm in for NJ. I so wish I was going to Chicago. You're going to have a great time but I'm really jealous of you!!
  • PedmomJill
    Options
    Regina, the reason I have a lot of online "friends" is because I have nobody, not one person, IRL that understands what exercise and being fit means to me. (I realize we're getting off topic from the thread but I don't think anyone will care.)

My friends and family have also acted like I'm part of a Cathe cult! That's so funny that you said that. They don't understand why I feel the need to workout every day. They don't get why missing workouts makes me cranky. I love having online friends that GET ME!

Thanks for the warning on the emotional part of the weekend. I will only be meeting friends from MFP at the 2 RTs. Oh, wait, actually I have met luvnascar! I forgot. Years ago I was part of a check in group at Cathe's site (like 2005 or 2006 maybe?) and we met. I'm just really looking forward to it, and I feel very fortunate to be able to go to both "Chicago" (it irks me that it's called Chicago when it's much closer to Milwaukee lol) and NJ!