February Challenge

Options

Replies

• Arbelina
    Arbelina Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hm....

Actually, Sjerott, I love the idea of going 7 days in a row below calorie goal. Looking at my diary it always seems to be those "extraordinary" party, holiday, etc. days that get me off track. If it is ok, I will join - let's see how many 7-days-in-a-row-streaks we can pack into February :)

And, sure, I am joining the 10 k challenge!
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    February, here we come! :happy:

Liselyn, I have my first workout of the month (circuit training) scheduled for this evening. :explode: (symbol showing how hard the trainer makes us work!) Tomorrow intervals (90/90 sec's on the treadmill - walk 10 min at 3.5, 90 sec's at 6.5, 90 at 3.5 repeat until I've done 5 sprints, walk it out at 3.5 to 30 minutes). Yesterday I did a 30 minute jog (5 mph). I am very curious to see which workout burns more calories, as measured by my heart rate monitor.

I hope this does not make me sound like a fitness geek, :wink: because I'm not. I do find that measuring and recording my exercise motivates me to keep going.

Have a great day, all. Drink you water :smile: See you tomorrow.

Nancy
  • sunnmuun
    sunnmuun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Scheduled to do a Week 2 session of C25K today, though I have tweaked to program because I have not been a total potato. It's going to be 50 and cloudy outside so will do this outside - first run outside of the "spring"...in Connecticut so still waiting for the winter because I can't imagine we will get by so easily. Have a great day everyone!
  • Arbelina
    Arbelina Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ok, 10k running ladies - I did the first part of today's program, 2 m (actually 4 km, turning round after 1 m would have meant adding a climb in the middle, so lazy me just went on..). You were just the extra bit of motivation I needed to get out in -15 C weather :)
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I know there is already two who meet my goal but I need to go 7 days also eating right and I also want to lose 5 lbs this month.

I was thrown off last month by a trip out of town and my back problems. My back is on the mend and my physical therapist is working on getting me back to gym.

So Sjerott and Arbelina I am in the same place. I love to exercise but not as good as following the food part at least every day.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,227 Member
    Options
    Hi Nancy!
    Yesterday was my long slow day -- did way over 60 minutes, combining a horse workout, climbing up my 1 km private road 3 times (I don't count down!) and practicing a killer sonata I'm learning on the flute -- I decided that counted this time! It's quite a workout. I also shoveled snow for 15 minutes, big heavy stuff.

Today is my 90/90 intervals on the bike. I'll work it up to 30 minutes with the warmup and cool down. Then my weights and exercises workout which takes about 30 minutes.

We're off to a great start -- fitness geeks by the end of the month!:laugh:
  • krostron
    krostron Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi jjcteach, how are you doing? I ran day one of C25K yesterday and day 1 and lesson 1 of 30 day shred! Man am I sore but in a good way!!! :) behind on my water intake gotta catch up today!
  • mebemini2012
    Options
    Hello-
    I am 21, I weigh 123lbs and I am 5'2". I have many goals for this month, however my biggest is to workout for a total of 8-10 hrs a week. I love to work out for long periods of time but have fallen of the wagon lately and need a little push.
    I am a very motivating person and would be happy to help others reach their goals too. :]
  • sjerrott
    sjerrott Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hm....

Actually, Sjerott, I love the idea of going 7 days in a row below calorie goal. Looking at my diary it always seems to be those "extraordinary" party, holiday, etc. days that get me off track. If it is ok, I will join - let's see how many 7-days-in-a-row-streaks we can pack into February :)

And, sure, I am joining the 10 k challenge!

I'm not on track to achieve it yet, but I still plan to achieve it in February - my rule is that it has to be 7 straight days as well.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I had one thing in house trying to call to me, a can of Nutella. I had a spoonful the other day big mistake, so this morning I went out to clean cat box, and threw the can in the bag with cat dodo...

At this point I can't have sweets in the house. Thank god my husband isn't a dessert eater. He is not overweight and I leave room when he makes pancakes from the smell of hot syrup...
  • mazaron
    Options
    Hi Liselyn: :happy:

01-Feb Circuit 1:05:26
    02-Feb Intervals 0:35:36

Did my treadmill interval run today. Yesterday was my circuit training class, which counts as a long-slow workout, I guess. I think your day sounds more interesting. We don't have to shovel snow very often here, it just melts after a day or two. Tomorrow I am trying a spin class, we shall see what that's like. I usually include weights on my interval running day but skipped that today because the circuit workout was tough and I'm feeling the pain :explode: (in a good way).

See you tomorrow,

Nancy
  • jugar
    Options
    1 Feb -- long slow
    2 Feb -- intervals 90/90 x 6 (30 minutes), weights and exercises 30 minutes
    3 Feb -- long slow -- didn't feel so slow! Took a long "slog" through the woods, up hill and down, all over the place in the snow which was more of a workout than I thought it would be. Beautiful out, though. Deer everywhere, foxy and rabbit tracks, light snow falling.

So Nancy, I hope you survive spinning! I tried it a couple of times years ago and almost died :sick:

I am sad with my weigh-in this week, but happy how loose some of my clothes are getting and how easy it is to bound around.

Tally ho!!
  • mazaron
    Options
    Hi Liselyn,

Your "slog through the woods" sounds lovely. Do you live on a large property?

The spin class yesterday was great, though I am sore in places that are not mentioned in mixed company (those darn bike seats:grumble: ) I think I'll make it a regular part of my Friday routine. I guess it counts as a "long slow" aerobic workout, it was long - 60 minutes, but not slow!

Today I'm off to the Rec Centre for some strength training and interval running.

Have a great weekend,

Hasta pronto,

Nancy
  • auntbyrdie
    Options
    Hi out there,
    I just started this last week and am not sure how I will do....I am41, 5'5 and weight 209 lbs. I have lost 80 lbs over the past 2 years but am just stuck. My biggest hardship is trying to eat all the calories I need to. I have been starving myself and didn't even know it for years. I am NOT a breakfast eater, nor lunch eater and eat a small dinner. Coffee and Diet Dew were my nutrition and my eyes have finally opened up that uh duh.....what am I trying to completely kill myself off? So I gave up the Diet Soda am down to 2 cups of coffee the WHOLE day and have started eating 3 meals and 3 small snacks during the day. I am in love with smoothies am totally addicted to them and am actually luv luv luv them. I under so much stress with my family, my mom has alzheimers, just bought my first house and am living with an alcoholic ex husband. (but for only 28 more days!!!)
  • mazaron
    Options
    03-Feb Spin class 1:04:57
    04-Feb weights/intervals 1:15:43

Second round of interval running included weight training, I didn't run for an hour an a quarter, that's for sure! :wink:

Hope your having a good weekend. The sun has come out here and I'm off for a long walk with the dog. Need to burn off yesterday's toasted cheese sandwiches! :explode:

Hasta pronto,

Nancy
  • jugar
    Options
    Hi Nancy!

It was a weird weekend and beginning of week, but on we go:

4 Feb horseback riding -- I was sweating more than the horse! 45 minutes
    5 Feb 90/90 6 intervals, and then filling up to 30 minutes, plus 30 minutes weights etc. workout
    6 Feb day off (except for walking up my hill 4 times running errands...)
    7 Feb 90/90 6 intervals, etc. Total 60 minutes. Plus 2 walks up the hill again!
  • sjerrott
    sjerrott Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm three days in at calorie goal - four more days to go to achieve my 7 day goal!!!
  • mazaron
    Options
    Liselyn: I tried a different format for intervals today but went back to the 90/90 split half way through, it's the routine that works for me. I think walking up your hill must count as an interval workout! :smile:

03-Feb Spin class 1:04:57
    04-Feb weights/intervals 1:15:43
    05-Feb walk 0:27:14
    06-Feb treadmill/eliptical 0:51:00
    07-Feb weights/intervals 1:14:52

Tomorrow I am going skiing with my students, so I'll check in on Thursday with my 2nd interval workout of the week.

Nancy
  • goldieliz
    goldieliz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, my goal for February is to drink more water. Feel free to add me. Need all the support I can get.:happy:
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Hi Ladies :)

Myself and econut have been religioulsy messaging each other every night with our support for each other - and it's great :)

I must say, this challenge is a really good one, great way to really get to know each other . well done all!