not doing 30DS?

Options
chrislin2011
chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
Is there anybody else in this group that is not doing the 30 day shred? For those of you who are, congrats on the success! For those of you who aren't, me included, how are you doing? What has been your biggest struggle now that the holiday's are over.

Replies

• totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not doing the shred either, mostly because I just don't have it lol. Right now my biggest challenge is incorporating exercise at all. I work full time and then go to class, and I absolutely hate sacrificing sleep. I'm trying to get up earlier by half an hour each week until I find a point where I'm not feeling tired and able to get some morning exercise in. How about you?
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Also not doing 30DS. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon by getting back into running and walking. Currently walking a lot more than running but building back my running pace and endurance. Getting several 2 mi or so runs +/_ 2-5 mi walking workouts per week right now.
  • chrislin2011
    chrislin2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER exercised so incorporating it in has been a struggle. I am a full time student, I work 3 days a week and I have 2 young boys. What I found that works was going to the gym RIGHT after work for 30 minutes. I started with walking on treadmill at various inclines for the full 30 minutes but I have been seeing a trainer once a week for the last 3 weeks. I feel like I'm going to puke and die when I work with her. lol!

I'm not doing the 30ds because I don't have it either. lol! I'm hoping to get in better shape before I attemp any classes or my brand new P90x I bought a year ago that I didn't even open.
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'd love to try it if I could afford it. I'm also student, plus full time job. At the moment I do some basic yoga in the mornings, but I had to freeze my gym membership until I can pay off enough bills to start it up again. I think it might be a good thing, because it's so cold I'd rather work out inside in the mornings instead of having to go anywhere. Go you with your trainer! Those guys are tough! Also - love the hiking pic, Elf : )
  • ColleenMichele
    Options
    I'm not doing the 30ds either. I go to zumba and a few other classes at my gym instead!
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I had wanted to do it but I have been having mommy struggles and getting any exercise in has been difficult. I would like to do it sometime in the near future but for now it will have to wait.