Recipes (here)

Options
Quick and easy recipe for baked chicken, legs (bone-in):

Buy leg pieces (not full quarter, just the legs in bulk, bone-in.) I like Perdue, but store brand is just as good, sometimes.

Watch your expiration date and beware of the quickie sale (they're trying to get rid of it quickly, so you have to cook it that night).

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

Melt 1/2 cup butter (low salted, low-fat is an option.)

Take some "Italian bread crumbs" (pre-crushed) and put in gallon sized baggie.

Dip leg pieces in the melted butter, then put them in bread crumb baggie and shake (yes, just like shake and bake, but cheaper).

With aluminum foil on your baking sheet (easy clean up hopefully), place the "breaded" chicken on the foil.

The pieces can be right next to each other, but no touching each other.

Double your foil. It may not always work (in single sheets) because of the grease. Sometimes you still have a mess.

Cook 45 minutes. Depending if the leg pieces are plumper, cook a few minutes longer, not past 50 min.

Let cool, then serve.

Enjoy your meal with side of veggies (green beans and cucumber salad might be good).

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    One of the things I love to do is save some of my spice containers (they are restaurant sized), clean them in and out of any remnants or stickers - Ill make my own spice blends and rubs for chicken, pork, beef and seafood... They are great for when you get those awesome reduced sales on proteins (I bought ALOT last night).... I roasted off whole split chicken breasts, one LARGE rack of ribs and an Angus-roast that would make you cry its so gorgeous!
  • MarileeP
    MarileeP Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh man - an angus roast - yummmmm!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Oh man - an angus roast - yummmmm!

yeah.... it was hella sexy! LOL!!!!! Ive got my Guinness on the counter, just waiting to be make into a hearty stew!~