Dating as a single parent

Options
2»

Replies

• Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I kept saying to myself, what did I do wrong to make this happen, what could I have done more? I went once to a counselor and she said maybe its not you, maybe it just wasn't meant to be, maybe its her. I said, well why did it take her this long to figure out she didn't want me anymore? It hurt so bad I didn't think I could come out of that low place. Then the little one got in my head, I would do anything for my kids, they are what brought me back from the edge. They are why I'm here, why I'm losing weight and getting in shape. I love them with all my heart, its great being a dad. Didn't mean to get off topic, but thats me.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I've been a single parent for 14years. I don't bring guys around my daughter unless it's serious like dating them almost half a year. I date for me to go out and have a good time... It's like hi I took care of mine, Don't really need you to but if it gets that serious you talk about it then... Lay cards out on the table on day one. Thats what i am doing.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I'm in a mode now like its to much trouble or hassle to date. Don't get me wrong it would be nice to be around another adult outside of work and a break from the kids. But I just don't have the time to, unless they want to workout with me in the gym, lol. I'm too involved with the kids sports, their school, taking care of the house and yard, etc. things that two people usually do in a family. more people depend on me outside of me and my kids too. I just don't see how you have the time. Idk, just frustrated about the whole dating thing right now.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm in a mode now like its to much trouble or hassle to date. Don't get me wrong it would be nice to be around another adult outside of work and a break from the kids. But I just don't have the time to, unless they want to workout with me in the gym, lol. I'm too involved with the kids sports, their school, taking care of the house and yard, etc. things that two people usually do in a family. more people depend on me outside of me and my kids too. I just don't see how you have the time. Idk, just frustrated about the whole dating thing right now.

I go out one night a week just for a me night. If i go out with another person its awesome if not. I still need the night off. i tend to date single parents. Its just easier.
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I definitely am on a "no dating" mode right now. I have a friend that keeps trying to push me to date him and it's hard... I don't want to ruin the friendship... and my boys adore him... but I do not want him or anyone in that way at this point. I just want to focus on me right now. I do miss having a man around here and there... but mostly I can do everything for myself anyways (and some things even better hehehe)