Week 4 Mini Goals

Options
Kekibird
Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
Here we go, into Week 4.

What are you focusing on this week? What will be your goal(s)? Are you adding to a previous goal or are you working on something totally new?

Share with us your plan and let's get in there and win it this week!

Replies

• Kekibird
    Options
    This week I'm focusing on the emotional side of losing. Hit a major wall this weekend and I need to get my head straight before I move forward so my goal this week is to write/blog/journal everyday about my feelings and where my head is at.

I'm pretty good about blogging when something major comes to mind but keeping up my writing everyday will be a task I need to improve.

This week is about listening to myself and really paying attention.
  • ocrunner11
    ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This week I'm focusing on the emotional side of losing. Hit a major wall this weekend and I need to get my head straight before I move forward so my goal this week is to write/blog/journal everyday about my feelings and where my head is at.

I'm pretty good about blogging when something major comes to mind but keeping up my writing everyday will be a task I need to improve.

This week is about listening to myself and really paying attention.
    Great!!!! We are here for you :love: :love: :love:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Week 4, WOW!! time is going by real fast. I am going to stick to last weeks mini-goal of drinking my water. I seem to have good intentions but can't seem to get 64 oz in on a few days. So I want to conquer this H20 goal this week.
    Progress from last week: I hit my exercise goal with working out and added a 2hour Zumbathon last Saturday with Kekibird :smile: I am so thankful to do these extra things with a special friend. I'm learning I can do new things and enjoy them.
    Enjoy the Week everyone! It is a beauty :flowerforyou:
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Keki, we are here for you!!!!!!! I hit a wall like that at about a 30 pound loss. It just seemed so overwhelming that I still had soooooooo far to go. At this point, I just try to focus on what I've done and the baby steps I can take to get where I want to be.

Week six of c25k is my goal for the week. I upped my calories and am trying to NOT eat my exercise calories: we'll see how that goes.
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Keki, we are here for you!!!!!!! I hit a wall like that at about a 30 pound loss. It just seemed so overwhelming that I still had soooooooo far to go. At this point, I just try to focus on what I've done and the baby steps I can take to get where I want to be.

Week six of c25k is my goal for the week. I upped my calories and am trying to NOT eat my exercise calories: we'll see how that goes.
    great advice!!! I love your point about "Focus on what I've done and the baby steps I can take to get to where I want to be" such words of wisdom, thank you for sharing MissyJane! We can all use this one.
    Enjoy your week and may you have many blessings along the way! :flowerforyou:
  • laughingatchu630
    laughingatchu630 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I really want to lose 2 lbs this week. I want to stick to my diet and keep exercising. I'm also doing good logging so I'm going to keep that up.
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Well, after a not so good weekend, food wise, I have a commitment to myself to at least lose the weight I gained, and not beat myself up about it.

1. Drink plenty of water
    2. No fast food eating! All foods will be prepared from home.
    3. Exercise 3 times per week
    4. Log, log, log.
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    I really want to lose 2 lbs this week. I want to stick to my diet and keep exercising. I'm also doing good logging so I'm going to keep that up.
    Stay focused and positive, every little choice will lead up to a big result, one step at a time. Wishing you well this upcoming week :smile:
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Well, after a not so good weekend, food wise, I have a commitment to myself to at least lose the weight I gained, and not beat myself up about it.

1. Drink plenty of water
    2. No fast food eating! All foods will be prepared from home.
    3. Exercise 3 times per week
    4. Log, log, log.
    I like the detail you have lined up for yourself. These are great tools and I know you will practice them each day, one day at time. Check in daily for encouragement, we want to see you succeed :love:
  • apirotte
    Options
    This is AngelBunny! My goal this week is to get to the gym everyday and do, at least, a 15-20 min. cardio workout. I'm getting addicted to working out after 4 weeks! I thought that would never happen to me! I feel so much better when I workout. My stress level is down and I have more energy. I've been very good about logging everything I put in my mouth. I added an app to my smartphone called Fooducate and I use it at the store, when I'm grocery shopping, to figure out the best foods to buy for my weight loss. My husband has noticed that I've lost inches in my belly area already. Even though I've only lost 3 lbs so far, I know my muscle mass is growing and I need to concentrate on the inches lost for now. My short-term goal, for January, is to lose 4 lbs and I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it. I feel great! Good luck to everyone on their 4 week mini-goals.
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    This is AngelBunny! My goal this week is to get to the gym everyday and do, at least, a 15-20 min. cardio workout. I'm getting addicted to working out after 4 weeks! I thought that would never happen to me! I feel so much better when I workout. My stress level is down and I have more energy. I've been very good about logging everything I put in my mouth. I added an app to my smartphone called Fooducate and I use it at the store, when I'm grocery shopping, to figure out the best foods to buy for my weight loss. My husband has noticed that I've lost inches in my belly area already. Even though I've only lost 3 lbs so far, I know my muscle mass is growing and I need to concentrate on the inches lost for now. My short-term goal, for January, is to lose 4 lbs and I'm pretty sure I'm going to make it. I feel great! Good luck to everyone on their 4 week mini-goals.
    This is wonderful! To be excited about working out! You have made a positive change in your lifestyle and it is agreeing with you! Keep it up. Love the short-term goal and your tracking, smart choices leads to positive results :smile: We are cheering you on!:drinker: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • ngottstein
    Options
    I've been pretty good about getting cardio in 4-5 times per week but have really dropped off my ab workout so goal this week is to do ab workout 3 times - first one was done today - :happy: Good luck to everyone & remember - we are all in this together!
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    I've been pretty good about getting cardio in 4-5 times per week but have really dropped off my ab workout so goal this week is to do ab workout 3 times - first one was done today - :happy: Good luck to everyone & remember - we are all in this together!
    Great insight for your workouts! Good luck on your ab workouts and let us know how you are doing with our Friday check-in :flowerforyou:
    Enjoy the Day!
  • missyjane
    Options
    Ugh, so far only one day of c25k done, plus one day on elliptical. I was just exhausted last night and went home and straight to bed after taking my son to HIS gym class and then having dinner. If I run today and either tomorrow or Saturday, I'll still get it in.
  • Kekibird
    Options
    Ugh, so far only one day of c25k done, plus one day on elliptical. I was just exhausted last night and went home and straight to bed after taking my son to HIS gym class and then having dinner. If I run today and either tomorrow or Saturday, I'll still get it in.

Totally get that exhaustion. I had planned a second day of Body Pump yesterday but realized I had things at home to do and errands to run and thinking of them made me tired. So I skipped it and got everything I needed to done. I felt better when I went to bed.

I may just be a 3 times a week person. Getting in that fourth workout is just pushing it for me.

I've been pretty good about my goals this week. I've either written a blog post here or on my personal blog or I wrote in my journal at home. Working through some tough stuff but I'm confident once I get this figured out, I'll be done with my plateau.
  • missyjane
    Options
    Got day 2 of w6 c25k done last night and it was HARD! I did it, though.