Sore knees

Options
apesid
apesid Posts: 135 Member
Is anyone else having this problem? The last couple of days I've began to notice my knees - it's not really that painful, just sore and I'm noticing them - where I don't usually notice my knees. lol

Anyone else? I'm trying to decide if I should stop the 30DS or not... any advice appreciated :)

Replies

• badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else having this problem? The last couple of days I've began to notice my knees - it's not really that painful, just sore and I'm noticing them - where I don't usually notice my knees. lol

Anyone else? I'm trying to decide if I should stop the 30DS or not... any advice appreciated :)

Too much exercise too soon, especially high impact exercise can apply too much pressure to your knee joints and cause chondromalacia. Your body is telling you to back off. I personally don't believe this program should be run 30 days straight because of this and also you are not giving time between workouts for your muscles to repair themselves.
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My knees where killer during level 1, I almost called it in but I didnt, Just finished level 2 this morning and my knees are fine since I moved out of level 1 (althou now i have 1 ankle thats *noticable) I say just stick with it and it will get better
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The 30DS was a killer on my knees. I was on Level 2 and decided to stop since Level 3 is supposed to be even worse on the knees. Now I just do my cardio seperate, and then incorporate some of the moves from the DVD into my strength training routine. :)
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 Level 3 now (no days off) and I have modified all the jumping exercises because my knees are sore, but I've been working out for almost 2 years and if I do heavy pushing with my legs (even 50 lbs) I can hardly walk up stairs....so anything I do with my knees is modified, but I haven't given up doing anything either :smile:
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!

My knees have actually gotten sore since I've started level 2. I've been taking one break a week from it - but maybe I should take more. It's not painful at this point but I don't want to jack up my knees over the 30DS!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    No you don't because jacking your knees will screw your ability to work and affect your health long term. If you're feeling joint pain, not muscle pain, play it conservative.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Also remember to keep your form correct in the squats and lunges. Jillian talks about how the sore knees come from bad form during those exercises. Level 2 has more of them so it could be that too. That said I can't do the oblique twists where they jump because my knees hurt if I do so I don't do the jump and just do the twist. Modify if you know there is a specific exercise that bothers you the most.
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I have horrible knees!! Due to starting to play ball at the age of 5 and played through college, was a catcher so tons of up and downs. I do have some cartilage wear as well. The best best best thing I have found is by New Chapter, it's called Zyflamend. I don't know the availability around you but I order mine off of vitacost.com, or go into Central Market if I am out right then. It's a natural anti inflammatory. I was facing knee surgery and my doctor recommended to me, and have been using it for about 5 years now. My mom has already had one knee replacement and was facing another one until she started using this, so it's good stuff. I also think it's extremely important to take Glucosamine Chondrointin. Good luck!!
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I had knee issues as well that started after starting L2....I had a brace that I threw on and added in some bike riding to help strengthen. I've been icing a couple of times a week, and that's been helping. In addition, I take at least one day off a week because I know that too much will hurt me in the long run--I don't want a blown-out knee or need surgery! I will now have 2 days a week off with one day being total rest and one day Zumba.
    Also, if my left knee is giving me a little trouble, I rely a little more heavily on my right. Seems to be working.
  • deporee
    deporee Posts: 59
    Options
    L2 was killer on my knees! Hurts the most when I'm going down stairs.