Ladies and Bra wearing............

Options
PaleoPath4Lyfe
PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
Have any of you ladies stopped wearing bras as part of your new lifestyle and being more natural?

I am considering doing this as I want to get perky boobs again no matter the size I end up being when I am at goal.

We women are ruining our own boobs by wearing these underwire, over the shoulder boulder holders.

The reason we end up sagging is because the Coopers Ligament is not being used and gets stretched out. All we need to do is go braless and do some strengthening exercises to make it strong and usable again.

I heard this already by a female Doctor on a radio show a while back and then have been doing some reading and it makes perfect sense.

http://www.brafree.org/

http://www.livestrong.com/article/335586-exercises-for-the-coopers-ligament/

Replies

• KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm.... interesting. I don't normally wear a bra at home. I work in the yard without one. I would feel weird not wearing one to work under some of my thinner shirts. It also hurts to not wear one running. Hopefully not wearing one part of the time will help.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No...the girls feel better when they are supported. Especially when running, thats just downright painful!! LOL
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above comments.
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    When I read the stuff about barefoot running in Born to Run, I did wonder if they same thinking applied to women's breasts--that support actually weakens.
  • kkarrolle
    kkarrolle Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    These DDs need as much support as I can give them.
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    Around the house I am almost always braless. 1/2 and 1/2 outside. My boobs still look the same as when they came in. Saggy. That's through weight gain, weight loss, weight gain, 1 1/3 pregnancies and nursing 4.5 years. I do other things that help me be crunchy much to SugarnSpice's chagrin. ^_^
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Around the house I am almost always braless. 1/2 and 1/2 outside. My boobs still look the same as when they came in. Saggy. That's through weight gain, weight loss, weight gain, 1 1/3 pregnancies and nursing 4.5 years. I do other things that help me be crunchy much to SugarnSpice's chagrin. ^_^

Yep--she's pretty embarrassing. Sometimes I pretend not to know her when we're out in public.
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If this is true then why do tribal women (as seen in Africa, etc) always have such saggy boobs? Mine are a UK F cup and I'm not convinced they's be as pert as they are now without a bra.
  • cathyL11
    cathyL11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I really think that the theory that bra's lead to saggy boobs is just garbage. It reminds me of a poster I used to use to show women that breastfeeding doesn't necessarily cause saggy boobs -- it was a poster of lots and lots of different sized boobs from large to small and perky to droopy -- the game was that the audience had to guess which pair had fed 7 babies in succession, which belonged to a celebate women, which belonged to a 21 year old and which ones belonged to a 60 year old. Invariable everyone was wrong --- the boobs that were the perkiest were the ones that had done the most breast feeding.
    I guess my point is that it all boils down to your genes and figure type.
    I hate to think of the kind of stretching and damage to my ligaments that going braless would do if I went for a 5K run, or tried doing burpees or jumping jacks. Not to mention the distraction for everyone else in the gym.

My favorite exercise bra is a virtual straight jacket --- the ENELL bra that I mail ordered from herroom.com
  • CeeGray
    CeeGray Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had two kids, did not breastfeed, was a DD, and man did they sag. Got rid of those suckers and am a wonderful pert small C. Been 5 years since that surgery and it was the best thing I ever did. The second I get home that bra goes off and they haven't changed a bit. I work in a professional office and would feel mighty strange without a bra but I've zoomed to the store braless many a time but only during the winter aka wearing my hoodie :).
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it, I genuinely get achy boobs overnight!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I find regular bras (wire or no wire) to be extremely uncomfortable. In fact, even the best measured fit bras I feel are worse for me. Ive been wearing good supportive sports-bras for the past few years and really makes a difference.
  • BeccaMovinUp
    Options
    Bras don't cause saggy boobs, gravity does. You see these mature ladies in remote tribes on the NG channel who have never seen a bra before, where are there boobies? Hangin out with their belly button, or in some cases their knees.

Sure ladies sporting an A cup or even a B cup could probably get away with letting them blow around in the wind, but with me, a little further down the alphabet, it would be plain uncomfortable and probably strange looking!

Don't get me wrong, I love going bra-less but I save it for after work and on the weekends.