whats calories burned

Options
TonyaCrego
TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
Hi everyone. I dont have a HRM and jillian michaels isnt in the system so can anyone tell me what the average calories burned are during the 27 minutes???

Im 5'5" and 164.7lbs if that helps to give me an estimate. Very out of shape :(

Replies

• kellymcampbell
    Options
    I enter it as circuit training for 25 minutes, if that helps. :)
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Before I got my hrm I logged it as circuit training also
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I put in Julian Michael and it came up and I put in my weight and time and it put in the calories
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I put in Julian Michael and it came up and I put in my weight and time and it put in the calories

Where did you put Julian Michaels at? I tried under exercise and it didnt show up for me
  • westcoaster09
    Options
    i found WHERE you can search something, put your weight and time (exercise button then database button) i tried jillian michaels, julian michaels and jilian michaels with no luck!
  • kar2083
    kar2083 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I enter it as circuit training for 25 minutes, if that helps. :)

I do the same as kelly
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    I entered it as circuit training before I got my HRM. But, FYI, once I got my HRM, I found out that I was actually burning way more calories than I realized.
  • h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Why am I burning so much fewer calories than you other ladies? I put it as 25 min circuit training and it calculates it as 169 calories burned. I see that some of you get as much as 300+ calories burned!!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's weight dependent?

This is what I do: "Circuit training, general" and 24 minutes = 296 calories.

There is also a "Curves Circuit training" in the standard database that is far fewer calories.
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    I log it as 20 minutes of circuit training because the bulk of the exercise is contained within 18-20 minutes. The rest is light stretching and cool down, so I felt circuit training overestimated the calories if I enter the full length of the DVD.
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    Why am I burning so much fewer calories than you other ladies? I put it as 25 min circuit training and it calculates it as 169 calories burned. I see that some of you get as much as 300+ calories burned!!!

Probably because you may be smaller in stature or lighter in weight (or some combination) than many of the others. You wouldn't burn as many calories in either case. It calculates calories burned based on your height and weight. The smaller you are, the less you burn for the same amount of time/activity. Someone who is 300 lbs will burn tons more than someone who is 120 lbs.
  • MisstoMrs2012
    Options
    Yep, I log is as circuit training, 20 mins and burn around 176, which to me seems soo little considering how much effort i put in! lol, but will keep it as this as it spurs me on to do other exercise or not eat as much!