RNY

Options
Now that I am exactly a year out from my RNY I can honestly say I am very satisfied with my entire weight loss, however, I still have the vomiting (almost on a daily basis). At first they thought it was because the first day after surgery I developed an ulcer on my new stomach, let me tell you I thought I was dying, I would go through my natural child birth again rather than feel that pain again. It seems the ulcer is dorment however, it does flare up so my part of the "dumping" would be my vomiting justs gets aggravating when the things you finally can eat are the very ones causing the problems. My two cents worth... hang in there, chew each bite at least 25-30 chews and measure, meawsure, measure...do not guesstimate (like me) also eat more often that way you will not be starving inbetween meals. It's all trial and error, the doctors do not know they just operate, its kinda like child birth if you have not went through it you do not have a clue we can only depend on others that have had the procedure, but everyone is different. My goal is to finally get to take medication whole instead of still having to crush everything. Good luck everyone & God Bless.....

I am here if anyone would like to chat, vent, cry or if I can answer any questions I will be more than happy to help~

Replies

• skatermom503
    Options
    Congratulations on making it through the first year and on your weight loss. So sorry about the daily vomiting. I had trouble with vomiting for awhile but that's gone away and it wasn't due to an ulcer. That sucks to get something like that so early in the game. Good to know that, even with what you've been through, you don't regret it. All the best to you.
  • mchope
    mchope Posts: 8
    Options
    Glad to have you on board. It was funny reading your note. I just had one of those days, I get one about every other month. I think it is my body just reminding me to slow down, etc. and I did have an RNY 545 days ago (19 mo.). All I know it is a brand new life.
  • risskie
    risskie Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! So glad you are here to share your experiences - yours is one I haven't read about yet. You bring a new perspective to our growing group.
    For me, I'm 7 days out of RNY. As you've commented, my issues have been allergy related. However, I have had a very smooth and easy adjustment to the new stomach. I'm so careful with combining sugar counts in food and found that has been helpful. It was my sister that actually picked up on that. I can only have 12g sugar a serving....or so I thought. It's 12 per meal. When I was drinking Trop 50 juice but having milk too, I was spiking up my sugar. If I mixed milk into my tomato soup (healthy request), I was spiking my sugar. Now that thats under scrutiny, I'm actually sailing along. So excited about my new future.
    Again, welcome, and feel free to comment/post often. :flowerforyou:
    Christine
  • Neequie
    Neequie Posts: 48
    Options
    I have not had any problems with my ulcers since October...THANK GOD!! It does feel like major labor pains,but burns also! I hope this goes away for you!! Ive learned I just cannot eat certain foods even with my medication. It sucks, but I know it's better than vomiting and being in pain all the time!! I take my meds whole now, but one at a time...bummer since I take 4 in the a.m and 11 at night! I used to jusy gulp em all down, but since the Lap Band, if anything gets stuck in the stoma Im dying in pain!! Tammie my dear old friend, Im so proud of you! Ive said it many times, you were beautiful heavy, and you're beautiful now!! That **** starts on the inside, ya know.... I love you!!