Biggest Loser Shakes

Options
Hi,

I am planning to do the Biggest Loser Shakes diet for the next couple of months and then introduce foods and take out the shakes.

I just wanted to know if anyone has tried the shakes and have they had any good results? Good and or bad feedback from the shakes when taking them, did you find it difficult to train with just doing the shakes and did you do it twice a day or once a day?

Thanks in advanced.

Pasq

Replies

• mommyof4inny
    Options
    Sorry, I have not tried this diet but I am curious to know the results! Good luck!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Honestly I wouldnt suggest using these shakes as your only source of nutrition and then later adding real food into your diet. I would balance the shakes with at least one meal (and possibly snacks) per day.

First of all, the energy your body would use to metabolise these shakes would be drastically lower than what would be expended to digest fiberous vegetables such as broccoli or spinach. This means that your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) would drop so you would have to actually take in even less calories than what MFP tells you to eat per day. Overall it may not be a large amount, but there would be the difference.

Secondly, you also have to take into consideration that for the time you use only the shakes your body and metabolism will adjust to that as fuel. When you start adding regular food, you may end up bogging down your metabolism, thus slowing your weight-loss progress.

A balanced diet would be more beneficial and you would be developing good eating habits in the process.

This is only my opinion.. I am not a doctor, but you really should consult one before altering your diet to this extent.
  • AJHarman
    AJHarman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm no help either. I'm on the Take Shape For Life program as it is the only thing that has ever worked for me and helped me keep it off. Good luck!
  • jdragonfly
    Options
    I have not tried them but you will have to let me know how they are..
  • jdragonfly
    Options
    how are all you ladies doing today what are your plans for the weekend