Shimmy and Shake It!

Options
I have a very hard time losing weight the older I get. Partly due to an eating disorder I had years ago, partly due to just being older. My belly fat and arms for me is the place that never wants to come off. I was bound and determined to make this a fun endeavor and taken up bellydanging at home. I have lost several inches in a short amount of time off my abs and waist and have begun to lose off my arms. If anyone would like to know the best videos out there let me know and just message me and you can add me if you like as well. I would post it here but it is dark and I don't want to wake the hub getting the dvds out. lol I have seen zumba and while it looks neat, I am not very coordinated and doesnt look like something I could do. Even I can do these dvds.

Replies

• sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I have been considering trying bellydancing, I don't have the coordination for zumba. I would love some dvd suggestions to get started. Thanks!!!
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    (This first one while stretching and cardio still teaches actual moves and I think has helped with my coordination with the you can dvd below)
    Bellydance Fitness for Beginners - Basic Moves & Fat Burning-http://www.amazon.com/Bellydance-Fitness-Beginners-Basic-Burning/dp/B00005N8AM/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1327446493&sr=8-8

(This one is low and easy to follow and has quite a few different ways to learn very well put together and I consistently burn the same calories within a few here and there.)
    You Can Bellydance! Absolute Beginner Belly Dance Starring Neon-http://www.amazon.com/Bellydance-Absolute-Beginner-Belly-Dance/dp/B000FQW138/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1327446561&sr=1-3

(This one I have not yet done but have watched it as I do all my fitness videos. It really does help to watch before. It is slow and easy to follow as well for beginners. Don't listen to the bad reviews on amazon. lol I felt worth the money. This being said I would start with these first ones. I have lost several inches between my stomach and abdomen in the week and a half I have done them.)
    Bellydance Superstars: Introduction to Bellydance-http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=movies-tv&field-keywords=bellydance+superstars+introduction+to+bellydance&rh=n:2625373011,k:bellydance+superstars+introduction+to+bellydance&ajr=0
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!
  • Gottaluvme777
    Options
    I have lost several inches between my stomach and abdomen in the week and a half I have done them.)

THANKS FOR THIS INFO - I plan to find one to buy today!
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    you are very welcome jsut stick with the ones I have mentioned for now...I cant give ok on others I havent seen or done yet. You are very welcome feel free to ask e any questions out of the forum or you can yahoo me god.links with the period in the middle.
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!!! Belly dancing is actually done in some Zumba routines! I'm a "retired" Zumba instructor, still taking classes though! It's a great workout! It does require a little coordination but know this - there are only usually 4-6 moves per song. They are repeated based on the intro/chorus/verse of each song. You should take a few classes before you pass on it - intructors keep the same songs around for 2-3 weeks, so you feel comfortable knowing the routines. The music is invigorating and it really is alot of fun doing all the different types of dances (merengue, salsa, cubmia, reggaeton, etc.). Give it a try!

I will definately try your belly dancing DVD - anything to move my middle is definately worth it! :flowerforyou:

PS: always looking for more friends if you'd like to friend me!

fran :smile:
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    i have tried zumba at a friends i just cant do it lol
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    Even with the bellydancing there are soe of the movements with the arms and legs and hips you should see my mess when I do it. lol It ok though because i make up for it with my ability to pivot my hips. :D