Just wanted to share..

Options
ehoward54
ehoward54 Posts: 18 Member
This is an excerpt from Alanis Morissette's fundraising page for The National Eating Disorder Assosciation, I just thought it was really inspiring and a really good way to look at things:

Said Alanis Morissette, “Using my body as an instrument (versus solely as an ornament) has helped me shift into a more consistent and empowered sense of well-being. This commitment to my athleticism has been a great gateway to a new lifestyle and relationship to food. The journey of training for this marathon has allowed me to view food as delicious fuel/medicine, as well as exercise as an incredible practice of self-care and attunement. I’m inspired to share this journey with others and support NEDA in continuing to raise awareness around the delicate relationship some of us have around food, our bodies, and exercise, and ultimately, ourselves."

Replies

• sezz_25
    sezz_25 Posts: 75
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this. It's great to see I was not wrong to look up to her back when I was a teenager. She has always struck me as a sensible woman.

I love this line "“Using my body as an instrument (versus solely as an ornament)," it's a great state of mind.
  • AndreaG170
    AndreaG170 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    She always struck me as more than just a singer.

She's got real intuition about things.

Pretty darn cool.

~katie.