I started skyrim..

drmerc
drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
Looks like this is going to take a while :tongue:

Replies

• Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    I was going to post a longer comment....but then I got an arrow to the knee.
  • I was going to post a longer comment....but then I got an arrow to the knee.

Hahahaha.
    I just started over in Skyrim with a new character..
    I murdered my husband because he was SO annoying,
    Onl;y to find out I can't get married again. Hahaha.
    At least I'm a Nightingale with this character :D
  • Congratulations. For the next year you will officially have no life :tongue:
    Welcome to the club :drinker:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member

:laugh:

I was all ticked off because yesterday I completed a quest, and then I was like, "Sweet, let me get out of this dungeon and I'll save and go do real-life stuff." But before I got out of the dungeon, I got killed by an orc who was initially being nice to me until he decided to stab me in the face. So I lost half of my quest progress. Moral of the story? Save when you're done with the quest, not when you get out of the dungeon.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Congratulations. For the next year you will officially have no life :tongue:

Ha, exactly!!! Just remember, always try to get in your workouts BEFORE you sit down for some Skyrim time .... otherwise, it's over for the evening!! :happy:
  • blazergrad

I was all ticked off because yesterday I completed a quest, and then I was like, "Sweet, let me get out of this dungeon and I'll save and go do real-life stuff." But before I got out of the dungeon, I got killed by an orc who was initially being nice to me until he decided to stab me in the face. So I lost half of my quest progress. Moral of the story? Save when you're done with the quest, not when you get out of the dungeon.

Yep, been there, done that and none too happy about it! I just wish they had a "quick save" option or something to speed up that save process just a tad ... but nevertheless, avoid the heartache and save frequently. :wink:
  • drmerc
    Congratulations. For the next year you will officially have no life :tongue:

Ha, exactly!!! Just remember, always try to get in your workouts BEFORE you sit down for some Skyrim time .... otherwise, it's over for the evening!! :happy:

This is my plan...
  • bcunning
    bcunning Posts: 81 Member
    What they said...

I have 130 hours playing one character, and he has only done 3 of the main missions.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    What they said...

I have 130 hours playing one character, and he has only done 3 of the main missions.

Just FYI, I read an article in GI that said if you do complete the main story quests, you can still go back and do the side missions with no penalty. So there's no need to delay the main quests unless you just want to.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    What they said...

Just FYI, I read an article in GI that said if you do complete the main story quests, you can still go back and do the side missions with no penalty. So there's no need to delay the main quests unless you just want to.

This is 100% correct. I originally delayed the civil war quest for fear I couldn't go into opposing cities. That turned out to not be true either.
  • if you play it on xbox you more than likely could do a stationary bike while playing. might make it seem more real?
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member

Hahahaha.

lmao I did the exact same thing :(
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Today i saw this in skyrim. Made me lol:

Take leek.
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    I just started last night. Gotta hold off, because I have a major exam soon
  • I was going to post a longer comment....but then I got an arrow to the knee.

Hahahaha.

lmao I did the exact same thing :(

It sucksss. Are you on PS3 by chance? :)

& @ Sidesteal - LOL. Take leek.
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Skyrim! So much fun.
    I haven't played any since before Christmas and I really haven't played any games since starting the 30DS. Eventually I'll play more, but now I just don't want to sit at my desk that much.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 811 Member
    Prepare to just donate a billion hours to this.
  • drmerc
    Playing on the ps3
    psn - drmerc
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144

Yep, been there, done that and none too happy about it! I just wish they had a "quick save" option or something to speed up that save process just a tad ... but nevertheless, avoid the heartache and save frequently. :wink:

If I remember correctly & assuming you're on PC, isn't F5 the quicksave? Sorry, not a console gamer, so I can't help out with those :-)
  • blazergrad

If I remember correctly & assuming you're on PC, isn't F5 the quicksave? Sorry, not a console gamer, so I can't help out with those :-)

I'm on a PS3 .... would be nice to have a quicksave option on the consoles, though!