I started skyrim..

Replies

• cnsmith2
    cnsmith2 Posts: 539 Member
    Today a dragon came to the College at Winterhold. I killed it. The game froze. My brain exploded.

I'm about 250 hours in.... still haven't finished the main quest, but completed, thieves, dark brotherhood and the college of Winterhold. I don't know if this happens to other people, but I get attacked by an ancient dragon pretty much EVERY single time I go to the college lol. It's quite insane ha ha

edit: I have like 40 dragon souls, and nothing to spend them on (though I should go off to find the shouts I'm missing me thinks lol)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Today a dragon came to the College at Winterhold. I killed it. The game froze. My brain exploded.

I'm about 250 hours in.... still haven't finished the main quest, but completed, thieves, dark brotherhood and the college of Winterhold. I don't know if this happens to other people, but I get attacked by an ancient dragon pretty much EVERY single time I go to the college lol. It's quite insane ha ha

edit: I have like 40 dragon souls, and nothing to spend them on (though I should go off to find the shouts I'm missing me thinks lol)

Yeah, I'm thinking that's going to happen to me too. It's happened the last 2 times I went there. Always when I come out of a building.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    LOL yep. I've also learned the hard way to hit the F5 button every ten minutes or so...

What builds are yall doing? I'm doing Imperial sword n board with perks concentrated in 1H, Enchanting and Blacksmithing. The racial bonuses for Imperials are all over the place so I really didn't know what go for. I started with Sten as my buddy but then realized its stupid to have 2 melee. Sad I had to dump him, he was a really nice guy :( I picked up Mercurio and its been a great decision since he dishes out hot DPS. I don't like the way he yells at me when I open his inventory though :-/

I haven't joined either side yet .... still just kind of going through a bunch of side quests and such as an independent rebel. :tongue: Right now my perks are concentrated in One Handed, Heavy Armor, and Archery.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    I haven't joined either side yet .... still just kind of going through a bunch of side quests and such as an independent rebel. :tongue: Right now my perks are concentrated in One Handed, Heavy Armor, and Archery.

Yep, I'm not sure who I like at this point. I kinda resent the Empire for backing down from those stupid Elves but at the same time the Rebels ' racism gets on my nerves too. Either way, like you said there's way too much other stuff I could be doing without worrying about that conflict for now.
  • Accidentally finished the main quest, at about 55 hours in. Was progressing through the story nice and slowly, then all of a sudden thought "hey, why not get the Sovngarde bit out of the way like I've been meaning to do for the past week" so did my thing there.. then all of a sudden I'm defeating Alduin. Even then, lol, I was thinking "there's got to be more of the main story" after this, but.. nope. Nothing. Now I'm just kind of sad. Don't get me wrong, I know there's a ton more to do in the game, but it just feels a bit melancholy, like I've passed a milestone and can't get it back.

/end angsty skyrim post

Urg...that's exactly how I felt when I beat the main story line. So lackluster >.< Though I didn't do it until 100hrs in keke. I still had stuff to do left over, but I just called it quits since I "beat" the game.

Also +1 on F5. Anyone else get that stupid glitch in the ratways where Esbern doesn't have any audio and doesn't open his crazy door? I had to go back to a wayyyyy older save.
  • blazergrad
    Okay, so has anyone else seen the apparition of the headless horseman in Skyrim?? Last night, I was on the trail just to the south of Fort Sungard on my way to Markarth when I saw this ghostly figure riding towards me on the trail. As he got closer, I could see he didn't have a head .... he turned and went up a trail into the mountains. I tried to follow but I lost him.
  • Welcome to the club!!

I finished the main quest line, but im trying to complete as much as i can. The game is soo much fun, but take your time on the mainquest, once you beat it, you're kinda just....there.

This game i'm:

a wood elf
    finished Theives Guild Questline
    finished Companions Questline and opted to be a warewolf
    working on completing the Dark Brotherhood Questline
    joined and conquered under the Imperial Legion

The glitches make me so irritated. Ugh.
  • Okay, so has anyone else seen the apparition of the headless horseman in Skyrim?? Last night, I was on the trail just to the south of Fort Sungard on my way to Markarth when I saw this ghostly figure riding towards me on the trail. As he got closer, I could see he didn't have a head .... he turned and went up a trail into the mountains. I tried to follow but I lost him.

I SAW HIM!!!! My friends told me i was nuts because no one else has seen him. Unfortunately, i was in the middle of a quest following the Nightingales, so I couldn't talk/catch up to him. I tried to go back, but i havent seen him since...erg!
  • JE55Y
    JE55Y Posts: 333 Member
    Those guards in Solitude need to come up with better chat up lines!

"Is that fur growing out of your ears?"
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Okay, so has anyone else seen the apparition of the headless horseman in Skyrim?? Last night, I was on the trail just to the south of Fort Sungard on my way to Markarth when I saw this ghostly figure riding towards me on the trail. As he got closer, I could see he didn't have a head .... he turned and went up a trail into the mountains. I tried to follow but I lost him.

I SAW HIM!!!! My friends told me i was nuts because no one else has seen him. Unfortunately, i was in the middle of a quest following the Nightingales, so I couldn't talk/catch up to him. I tried to go back, but i havent seen him since...erg!

Neither of you are mad! I not only managed to see him, but I followed him for miles & miles..... Rather than spoil it for everyone, I'll not post the outcome, if I remember later I'll post the screenie I took of him (not on home PC at the moment!)
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    ScreenShot16.jpg

Ok.... Assuming that works, that should be the headless horseman of Skyrim, with me following avidly behind :bigsmile:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Looks to me like he has a head. And no horse.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    If you go and try to melee a giant at level 1, you'll learn very quickly about the Giant's version of flight. It's kind of fun.
    This happened to me last night (well I was a level 3).

My kids were rolling on the floor laughing.

My only comeback...you're grounded.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    If you go and try to melee a giant at level 1, you'll learn very quickly about the Giant's version of flight. It's kind of fun.
    This happened to me last night (well I was a level 3).

My kids were rolling on the floor laughing.

My only comeback...you're grounded.

The kids clearly deserved it!
  • blazergrad
    ScreenShot16.jpg

Ok.... Assuming that works, that should be the headless horseman of Skyrim, with me following avidly behind :bigsmile:

Yep, kinda' looks like the same terrain where I first saw him .... hate that I lost him, but I'm sure he'll re-appear one of these days. :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Madonna cosplaying Skyrim during the halftime SB show.

edit: boo pic is too big. link below
    http://i.imgur.com/7iNRl.jpg
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Madonna cosplaying Skyrim during the halftime SB show.

edit: boo pic is too big. link below
    http://i.imgur.com/7iNRl.jpg

She's got a nice axe!...oh wait

Why haven't I seen the headless horseman yet!? :'(
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    so I've always wanted to get my hands on a Jayne knit cap from Firefly/Serenity for the cold Fall/Winter months but then I saw this:
    il_570xN.311193629.jpg hmm....at least this one would keep my face warm too.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/93052200/skyrim-inspired-helm-with-beard-and

description from site: Possible side effects of wearing this helm include but are not limited to the wearer using a much louder, more authoritative voice, and aggro'ing lots of attention.

lol
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Been progressing kind of slowly. Level 14 now
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Been progressing kind of slowly. Level 14 now
    Damn I am a level 32. I think I am close to finishing all the major quests. Just in time for Mass Effect 3