The Hunger Games!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Amber86queenbee
    Options
    How I know the books are good - they got my brother reading :laugh:

Now it's just hard to find a series I like as much.
  • mahjohweeee
    mahjohweeee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I loved the series! Book 2 was my favorite! I will more than likely re-read them again before the movies come out! :)
  • laurensohn22
    laurensohn22 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Im so excited to start this series today after reading what people have said :)
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i loved that series! book 3 was my least favorite by far, but books 1 and 2 are awesome!
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with book 1 now, and SO glad I decided to start reading it! Can't wait to get started on the other two!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I blasted through 1 and 2 so fast. Now I'm stalled out in the 3rd book.

At this point, I don't even like Katniss anymore. I was rooting for her, but now she has just irritated me too much. She's so selfish.

I'm gonna drag myself through it, but due to the pain of the third book, I probably wouldn't recommend this series to people.

Her attitude threw me at first too but I had to remember that it comes from a teenager's way of thinking. Just keep reading, it does get better!
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Loved books 1 & 2 - 3 was still good but not as satisfying. I felt that 3 was going along good and kinda hit a certain point (won't give it away for those who haven't read it yet) and then was just rushed through to the end. When I finished the book I sat there for a minute like "huh"

Still awesome...I am looking forward to the movie...however...on the trailer there are already a couple things that don't add up with the book so I am a little concerned. (Note to self: the book is always better)
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Loved books 1 & 2 - 3 was still good but not as satisfying. I felt that 3 was going along good and kinda hit a certain point (won't give it away for those who haven't read it yet) and then was just rushed through to the end. When I finished the book I sat there for a minute like "huh"

Still awesome...I am looking forward to the movie...however...on the trailer there are already a couple things that don't add up with the book so I am a little concerned. (Note to self: the book is always better)

Agreed about the end... trying not to give any spoilers away either (maybe turn back now, anyone still reading!!)... but it did sorta feel like it was building up to something that we never end up seeing. We hear about it... but I wanted to be there in the middle of it all!
    I still loved it all though. Read all 3 in the space of a week, and Mockingjay from start to finish in one day. Looking forward to the movies, but am making my friends read the books first before we go see it as I'd hate for them to miss out on anything. Lots of details that I don't think would translate well into film. For example... at moments in Book 1, when we need to know Katniss' inner thoughts about Haymitch to understand her actions towards Peeta... how will we get inside her head??
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I read them last year - loved them. Re-read them this month (just finished Mockingjay on Sunday) and love them even more!
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Going to see the movie tonight and I CAN"T wait!!! This work day is going to go soooo slow!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-critic-reviews/the-hunger-games/

Review of the movie, spoilers included!!!!

Says pretty much what I feared. PG-13 sanitized the horror right out of it.

*shrug* guess I won't rush to the theater.
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The movie was GREAT!!! I would say the best book to movie I have ever watched, can't wait for the next 2
  • sangforyoutonight
    Options
    I resisted these books for so long, but the movie trailers looked so tempting ... that I read all three books in a weekend during my spring break!

I need to re-read them, in fact, and actually savor everything.
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My kids read the books and loved them! I resisted, but I saw the film on Saturday and found it intriguing. I saw it with my 12 year old who was very vocal about all the parts they "changed" in the film. I figured the fact that there were differences wouldn't make the fact that I saw the film first and then read the book too troublesome.

I like the book so far. I've just started it though.
  • aussiegirl1990
    aussiegirl1990 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love The Hunger Games. I got the first book the weekend it came out in Aus, and since then have become a huge fan.