favourite low cal treat?

Options
I was just wondering what peoples favourite low calories treat was, I have a really sweet tooth which is partly why I am here!

I am just into week two and trying to avoid all treats for the time being

Replies

• Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mini milk lollies! They're only 30 calories and it's always enough to sort out ice cream cravings for me :)
  • baxyboy
    baxyboy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mini milk lollies! They're only 30 calories and it's always enough to sort out ice cream cravings for me :)

Oooh nice - that's a great idea!

Mine's not especially sweet, but my biggest snack change has been replacing normal crisps with bags of mini snack-a-jacks or special K mini-breaks (80 - 100 calories a bag).
    If I'm ever craving a chocolate bar, I now like to have Alpen Light chocolate & fudge bars instead - taste nice and only 60-odd calories.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options

Omg totally forgot about these!!

Although I bet they aren't 20 pence no more
  • roxychicken
    Options
    Wow I used to love them!!

I'm addicted to caramel snak a jacks at the moment, oh and kings prawns and guacamole!
  • roxychicken
    Options
    Oh also I was desperate for some chocolate so I heated one of those options chocolate brownie hot chocolates in a saucepan, added some gelatin and set it in the fridge, Instand chocolate pudding! And it actually tested quite nice!
  • AliR105
    AliR105 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    oatcakes, crackers or rice cakes :heart:
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Pickles .. I have a salt tooth instead of a sweet one :laugh:

Skinny Popcorn from Julian Graves though its expensive at 99p a bag ...Salt and Sweet and Wasabi are yummy !

Corn cakes as well as they taste a bit like pop corn but fewer calories .. think they are lower GI than rice cakes too :-)
  • uk_james
    uk_james Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've recently started getting Graze boxes in the post. You get 4 little snacks in them and you can choose how often they're delivered. I get one box a week and the snacks are yum. I've selected to only get a lite box, so calories are controlled. They're brill because the ingredients are so luxury and because every box selection is different every time it's always like a new experience. They select the mix of 4 snacks for you, but you can rate them on the app or website. The boxes of 4 cost £3.49 each, but are so worth it. Sounds like I work for Graze, but I don't, just find them a really useful thing for my weight loss plan. Work is pretty hectic so I can just keep a snack with me and they stop any chocolate temptations! Snack I had yesterday was a smokey gazpacho dip with little crisp breads, about 55 caps. Most of the lite snacks come in at about 130 cals. You can try them for free ( and the free thing really does work). You do have to give debit card details, but you can cancel immediately after if you don't want to pay for any more. I thought I'd give it a go and was so impressed I'm more than happy to have a weekly box. I had a code for a free box from my partner, when I entered it it turned out to be 2 free boxes as it wasn't just a magazine or online code (initial box free, then another on week 5). If you want to give it a go, go to their website and use voucher code L5NPRQ3.
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Options
    Sugar free jelly is another one of my faves as well - I get them Hartley's powdered ones, I think it's about 20 cals for half of the entire packet! Also if you put it with two little scoops of the Walls light vanilla ice cream you get jelly and ice cream for under 100 calories.

Wow between the minimilk lollies and the jelly and ice-cream I sound like I have the taste buds of a 10 year old :-S
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Carrot sticks and peanut butter

My fave is Whole Earth crunchy
  • nixickle
    nixickle Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love both sweet and savoury snacks! Here are some of my favourites! (all are under 120 cals)

- alpen bars (chocolate and fudge yum yum!)
    - 2 x Maryland cookies
    - 2 x Jaffa cakes
    - packet of fruit stars (jelly sweets made with fruit juice - found with the dried fruits in tesco!)
    - hob nob mini snack packs / bite size pieces (my latest discovery!!)
    - sugar free mini pots of jelly
    - mini Devon custard pots
    - all fruit - I love all fruit but will often treat myself to a pineapple, cherries or kiwis
    - activia fat free yoghurts

Savoury
    - hard boiled egg
    - pickled onions
    - cucumber or carrot sticks
    - olives (not stuffed with cheese!)
    - slices of ham
    - 3 x Jacobs crackers

Feel free to check my diary....I snack quite a bit!! Lol!

Hope that helps :-)
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I find if I have a small bit of very high % chocolate, it has the same effect as a big bar! I just suck it lol
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Muller Light with chocolate sprinkles and Cadbury's Highlights hot chocolate (I think they're much nicer than Options).
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Rightly or wrongly but i enjoy a tube of smarties. I have to suck each one individually and lasts me ages! It works out about 180 cals. x
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I haven't had the urge for a while but if I 'want' chocolate i get a freddo bar - kids bar of chocolate. It's dairy milk but on a small scale and cheap.

I love blueberries - fresh - from Aldi for 59p at the moment . I honestly didn't know I liked them without being in a muffin! lol I have a small handful in porridge, with strawberries raw or just pop them. gorgeous!
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The Boots Shapers snacks are good:

Mint/Strawberry nougat bar (81 cals)
    Maple popcorn (92 I think)
    Onion snacks (57)

I seem to live off the meal deals
  • debbieplus3
    Options
    I'm loving the mini milk's idea. I've also just read that M&M's are only 5 cal's each apparently. I like to have (especially when its cold) low calorie hot chocolate which is surprisingly tasty! :o)
  • debbieplus3
    Options
    Think the low cal hot choc is about 35 cals
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Options
    Think the low cal hot choc is about 35 cals

Ooh I love a low cal hot chocolate too ... Highlights Fudge is my fave. YUM.
  • sacha1977
    Options

No way! Wow! That's so good to know. Never even thought abuot these before, so gonna stock up on them now :-) thanks xx