Ideal Protein Food

I'm new to both this group, site and the ideal protein diet. I'm starting my second week after a disappointing first week and am just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with the smell of the ideal protein foods? When I open a package of the drinks, puddings or soups, the smell alone makes me gag and it's super difficult to keep down. I'm curious if anyone else has a problem with it and how they get around it, or if I'm just a weirdo.

Replies

• Hi Lindsay, only had an issue with a couple of them. The Lemon 'Pledge' pudding was gross, as were the pancakes, I tried one soup and took the others back. At first I like the omelet but eventually it grossed me out. I liked the Wild Berry, the Dark Chocolate/Butterscotch pudding, and Cappuccino.

For a few and just to add taste I bought a few sugar free Toriani and Davinci syrups like they use for coffee, just a bit and dont use too often but helps.
  • Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    I tried everything at first. Some things I didn't like. However, my choco-holic side won out! I tend to stick to the chocolate items. I do like to make the crepes into "wraps" for something more sandwich-like. Here is the recipe for that...

1 package of plain crepe mix (do NOT mix as directed)
    1/2 cup water
    1 egg white (or use egg beaters egg whites - 3 Tablespoons)

Spray crepe pan or 10-12" pan with cooking spray. Mix will make 2 crepes. Pour in 1/2 of batter and swirl in pan to spread out thinnly. Flip after crepe is mostly cooked through.

Good luck!
  • LindsayLou80
    LindsayLou80 Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks so much for the tips, I'll definitely be trying them!!
  • I am only in my second week, but have done a little experimenting. I also hate the weird smell. It's from the protein. I have found if you make your puddings or mix drinks ahead of time and put them in the frig for a few hours that a lot of the bad smell/taste goes away. Making them more tolerable.
  • Do cover them though, I did that with a pudding and let it sit for an hour... bad idea, had to make another.
  • Lindsay, I feel alot of the taste is just in our heads. Don't get me wrong, I know how you feel :) There are foods that are discouraging.
    But the way i look at it, think of the benefit. This is going to help achieve your goal. Sacrifice a little - one day at a time. One meal at a time even.

A week later, your tastebuds do adjust a little. I get really surprised that foods I was eating before IP, how salty or spicy they now taste.