Options

Replies

• Angal75
    Angal75 Posts: 13
    Options
    What's your name? Angie
    Where do you live? Nova Scotia, Canada
    What are your food vices/ cheats? Ribs and Wings
    What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? stress, time, child, exhaustion ,....
    What's your favorite exercise? Running, though Im not good at it yet
    What exercise would you like to try this year? Plyo
    What is your biggest trouble spot? spare tire connecting to the muffin top :(
    What part of your body do you like the most? eyes
    What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? get toned and non jiggly!
  • r3dcat89
    r3dcat89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Cait
    Where do you live? Los Angeles, CA
    What are your food vices/ cheats? peanutbutter + chocolate, any sweets
    What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? folling back on old eating habbits, binges
    What's your favorite exercise? Pilates
    What exercise would you like to try this year? Zumba
    What is your biggest trouble spot? thigh area under my butt
    What part of your body do you like the most? abs
    What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? loose 15 pounds and finish off the last five pounds by Feb
  • Bellemorte24
    Bellemorte24 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm "Belle" (my real name is far too unique and I dont want stalkers finding me). I am so happy to be part of this motivational group! I live in Scottsdale, Arizona. Vices are carbs, beer and anything sweet! I'm looking forward to "meeting' all of you and taking your helpful tips in stride. Hope everyone has a wonderful day! XXxxxxx
  • machkmukki
    Options
    where all the "skinnyfat" bros at? haha. rare species?

What's your name? evan
    Where do you live? new york
    What are your food vices/ cheats? SUGAR. candy, especially chocolate. major sweet tooth. though i hear chocolate's good for you to some extent, yeah?
    What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? sleep deprivation, over-doing the sugar, lack of time for cardio, and the fear of over-eating (can't build muscle eating only 1000-1200 cals a day...)
    What's your favorite exercise? strength training/weight lifting. i do 45-60 minute full-body workouts every other day.
    What exercise would you like to try this year? maybe sprinting/running.
    What is your biggest trouble spot? "spare tire". just can't for the life of me get rid of the gut fluff.
    What part of your body do you like the most? shoulders/arms/back/chest, all doing pretty well from the weight lifting.
    What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? get to wear tighter fitting shirts without worrying about the speed bumps. hoodies are a staple in my wardrobe right now...
  • poplin
    poplin Posts: 15
    Options
    What's your name? Lesley

Where do you live? Manhattan

What are your food vices/ cheats? Really everything; I love food! If I had to pick one, I'd say bread and butter.

What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? I've always been so focused on the number on the scale; at my thinnest, I was 93 pounds (I'm 5'2"), and I kept trying to get back there without realizing that doing so was causing me to lose lean muscle.

What's your favorite exercise? I did Bikram yoga a few weeks ago and loved it, but can't afford it on a regular basis, unfortunately.

What exercise would you like to try this year? I already run, but I'd love to start running longer differences (greater than five miles).

What is your biggest trouble spot? My stomach; even at my lowest weight, I never had a flat stomach.

What part of your body do you like the most? My back

What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? Lose body fat!

----

I'm looking for more MFP friends, so please feel free to add me!
  • taeson3055
    taeson3055 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Stewart

Where do you live? A small historic village in upstate NY.

What are your food vices/ cheats? Anything that begins with the word Gummi, or has chocolate chips in it.

What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? Me.

What's your favorite exercise? I do alot of bodyweight resistance training, but I love my Bowflex, and TKD :-)

What exercise would you like to try this year? hhhhhmmmmm...

What is your biggest trouble spot? My lower abs, I sit at a desk all day. That desk is the devil.

What part of your body do you like the most? My eyes.

What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? It was to make it under 12% body fat, and I had made it at one point. Now I'm conditioning for my black belt exam in taekwondo, so my goals are more performance oriented in sparring.
  • Amanda0926
    Amanda0926 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Amanda
    Where do you live? St. Paul, MN
    What are your food vices/ cheats? Ice cream!
    What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? I honestly don't know... Maybe someone can help me figure that out because I thought I was doing everything right. Then it stopped working :(
    What's your favorite exercise? Kickboxing
    What exercise would you like to try this year? More with weights or Cross Fit
    What is your biggest trouble spot? Stomach
    What part of your body do you like the most? Shoulders/arms
    What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012?To be toned!!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Melissa
    Where do you live? Oregon
    What are your food vices/ cheats? Processed snacks. They aren't allowed in the house. Sugary & salty treats bring me to my knees.
    What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? Myself. I allowed myself to be a total,skinny bum my entire life. Now I need to suck it up and step it up.
    What's your favorite exercise? Walking outdoors, circuit training & swimming at the lake.
    What exercise would you like to try this year? Weights. I think that's where my progress lies.
    What is your biggest trouble spot? My droopy bum. :(
    What part of your body do you like the most? Stomach.
    What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2013: To stick with it. Whether it's dvds, weights, swimming, or whatever else catches my fancy, I want to stick with this lifestyle change & earn a better body than I had in my twenties.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Katie Mae, most call me Katie

Where do you live? Detroit area

What are your food vices/ cheats? Quick meals. By the end of the day I often don't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen, so I end up making crap like Hamburger Helper.

What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? My eating has improved, now I just need to exercise regularaly. I was good at it for a while, but then life happened and I got out of the routine.

What's your favorite exercise? Weight lifting and hiking

What exercise would you like to try this year? P90X

What is your biggest trouble spot? Upper thighs and rear. I'm bones everywhere else, so my goal is to lose the *kitten* fat and gain muscle. In other words, gain curves through muscle all over.

What part of your body do you like the most? Stomach

What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2013: General health: Continue to eat healthy and work out regularly.
  • eah95
    eah95 Posts: 4
    Options
    What's your name?--Emily

Where do you live? --Pennsylvania

What are your food vices/ cheats?--Chocolate chips, nuts, cereal, leftovers

What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape?--Mindless grazing and not maintaining my daily running routine from this summer.

What's your favorite exercise?--running/jogging

What exercise would you like to try this year?--cycling. And I'd like to try to run a half marathon.

What is your biggest trouble spot? Thighs, definitely.

What part of your body do you like the most? Arms?

What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? Get rid of the bad eating habits I've developed in the past few months.
  • Noflexing
    Noflexing Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Gus
    Where do you live? Lake elsinore, ca
    What are your food vices/ cheats? favorite food is peanut butter oatmeal / cheat food is cinnamon rolls with nutella on top
    What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? Time. diet/weight triaining is spot on
    What's your favorite exercise? favorite exercise is Preacher curls
    What exercise would you like to try this year? squats, i'm scared of snapping my **** up
    What is your biggest trouble spot? lats
    What part of your body do you like the most? quads/shoulders
    What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? to get to 8% body fat and the beginning of 2013 start my bulk to pack on 30-40 lbs of muscle from January - December and enter in an IFBB competition to take first place and get a pro card
  • meghanstewart219
    Options
    Name: Meghan
    Live: Hammond(new orleans), la
    Cheats: Alcohol
    Whats Holding You Back: Not balancing my calorie intake with the amount of excercise i do. my body stores all my fat because i dont eat enough.
    Favorite Exercise: I love Insanity, but i mostly enough my night time cardio around the local university
    This Year: I want to be able to run 3 miles without stopping
    Trouble Spot: Belly
    Like Most: Nothing really physical at all. i suppose im an attractive person but my body is just not up to par, at all
    Fitness Goal 2012: i want to lose 20 lbs, then tone up, then i'll be satisfied
  • xxProgress
    Options
    What's your name? Victoria
    Where do you live? Toronto, Canada
    What are your food vices/ cheats? CHOCOLATE ANYTHING
    What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? ****ty lower back
    What's your favorite exercise? kickboxing hands down
    What exercise would you like to try this year? weight training
    What is your biggest trouble spot? lower back and abs
    What part of your body do you like the most? face and my legs (though they need a good toning)
    What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? hoping to drop 15 by New Years :D
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Sarah
    Where do you live? Waterman's Bay, Western Australia
    What are your food vices/ cheats? Dark Chocolate and yummy desserts!
    What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? Unable to join a gym and lack of weight equipment at home
    What's your favorite exercise? Bokwa and starting to enjoy Jillian Michaels DVD's
    What exercise would you like to try this year? Weight lifting
    What is your biggest trouble spot? Legs and bum!!
    What part of your body do you like the most? Arms and shoulders - starting to like the stomach results I'm gaining from RI30
    What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? To look toned, feel fit and healthy and be able to maintain my weight on higher calories..
  • next_jeneration
    Options
    What's your name? Jennifer
    Where do you live? Vancouver, BC Canada
    What are your food vices/ cheats? McDonald's !
    What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? Work, lack of healthy options due to budget
    What's your favorite exercise? Running, pilates, strength training on machines
    What exercise would you like to try this year? ....hm...
    What is your biggest trouble spot? thighs, upper arms
    What part of your body do you like the most? waist, shoulders
    What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? to get toned and lose the skinny fat look. Lose 10 lbs and gain muscle in the meantime!
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Wigglypeaches

Where do you live? San Francisco, CA

What are your food vices/ cheats? Okay, first of all, let's get something straight. I don't have any "off-limit" foods, so I don't have any cheats. I try to eat in moderation, and I try to limit my processed sugar, chemical and alcohol intake. But.. I do have a bit of a caffeine habit.

What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? Nothing, and I'm well on my way there.

What's your favorite exercise? Krav Maga. Cycling. Rock Climbing.

What exercise would you like to try this year? Heavy lifting.

What is your biggest trouble spot? I've never been satisfied with my back.

What part of your body do you like the most? My stomach.

What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? Do pullups! Second is to complete the GoRuck challenge.
  • wonderstruck91
    wonderstruck91 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Melanie

Where do you live? USA--Maryland

What are your food vices/ cheats? Definitely chocolate

What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? I am my only obstacle.

What's your favorite exercise? Running, blogilates, swimming

What exercise would you like to try this year? Spinning

What is your biggest trouble spot? The lower part of my belly ...

What part of your body do you like the most? Kind of weird, but I've always been complimented on how nice my skin is.

What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? Make that 2013! Run a half marathon! Keep maintaining/losing weight
  • roxbox2013
    roxbox2013 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Roxanna

Where do you live? Alabama, USA

What are your food vices/ cheats? Ice cream and peanut butter.

What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? Myself.

What's your favorite exercise? Elliptical and zumba!

What exercise would you like to try this year? More strength training.

What is your biggest trouble spot? Inner thighs.

What part of your body do you like the most? Um, boobs? Hahaha. :)

What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2013? Lose 10 lbs of fat and be less than 15% body fat!
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Sandy
    Where do you live? Upstate New York
    What are your food vices/ cheats? Cookies, chips and dip or nachos
    What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape? Consistency
    What's your favorite exercise? Mountain hiking, cross country skiing, P90x, Insanity (love it and hate it)
    What exercise would you like to try this year? Take an actual yoga class instead of just doing it from DVDs
    What is your biggest trouble spot? Muffin top
    What part of your body do you like the most? shoulders and arms
    What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012? Be more consistent with exercise and start lifting more
  • downtheadders
    downtheadders Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What's your name?
    For online purposes, Thessaly

Where do you live?
    Maryland

What are your food vices/ cheats?
    Pure sugar: Vegan marshmallows and marzipan. And cookies.

What do you think is holding you back from being in your TOP shape?
    The fact that I spend all day sitting on my butt in front of a computer.

What's your favorite exercise?
    I really like the elliptical and Ballet Beautiful.

What exercise would you like to try this year?
    It would be nice if I could finally get the hang of running.

What is your biggest trouble spot?
    My lower abdomen. I also have IBS, so with bloating as well, it's not ideal.

What part of your body do you like the most?
    My legs and my neck.

What's your #1 fitness/ health goal in 2012?
    Fit back into 28 inch waist pants.