Introduce Yourself!

Options
Hello! I'm Heather and I live in the Roscoe Village area with my husband, our two dogs and our kitty. We're newlyweds who will be trying to conceive later this year so I want to get in shape so I can be a better me, a better wife and a better mother! As of today, 1/24/12, I'm 26, 5'4" and 258 lbs. My goal is to get to 175 lbs. and to see how I feel. This has been my goal for quite some time now but I don't want 2012 to be yet another year I waste, ringing in 2013 with self doubt and disappointment. I'm looking forward to meeting some other Chicagoans on here. :)

Replies

• LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather,

I'm Lexie. I live not to far from Chicago in Evanston. I have about 100 pounds to lose so I can be healthier me.
  • Kramerjen
    Options
    Hi, Heather and Lexie, I'm Jen, I live in the NW suburbs, and I have a nine-month-old daughter. I'm hoping to lose some weight before the summer so I can feel good in a swimsuit. Nice to meet you!
  • MsAixa
    MsAixa Posts: 13
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I am Aixa...

2318215.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mysteasa
    mysteasa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I'm Christina from the southwest burbs.. Hope everyone is doing well on their journey :)
  • Marialooseit
    Marialooseit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!
    I am Maria, I hope oneday we can all meet up and have an excersize day maybe Zumba! Its fun, Im excited to be in a group that share the same goal! :)
  • QuiltinMom
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I'm Carol and I'm from the northwest suburbs. I joined this group because I think it's very helpful to be in a group from your geographical area. Let's face it - there no place on earth like the Chicago area. We have top restaurants and usually lousy weather in the winter with sweltering summers. We have some tough challenges.

I'm hoping this group will be an encouragement to me and I in turn can be an encouragement to the group. I have approximately 100 pounds to lose. My husband and I are going on a second honeymoon this summer while our two daughters are away at camp. I want to look good and feel good about myself. I know I won't be at my goal by then but I will have a good start.

I also have Type 2 diabetes and have to lower my sugar. I have read several articles and two books about reversing type 2. That is my goal. I don't want to stay on meds for the rest of my life.

I'm looking forward to being able to accomplish my goals.
  • hcs82
    hcs82 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi - I'm Holly and I live in the NW suburbs (originally from the NW side of the city). I'm 29, 5'5" and today, 220 pounds. I want (need!) to be down to 180 at my wedding in November to not feel totally ****ty about myself when I see the photos. My goal would be 150 I guess or lower, but I'm really just focused on the wedding date as of now. I've lost 20 so far but am at a standstill.

I'm not a chocolate fiend like most women - I crave salty treats! Potato chips and carbs. I kickbox at a local martial arts school and recently moved up to the advanced level. I go to class three times a week and might change it to four, although it's tough to spend every weekday night away from the couch, my fiancee and the beloved DVR.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!! the weather is getting nice I was thinking maybe we could arrange a walk sometime
  • inkatia88
    inkatia88 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Heya Everyone Brillant day, I'm Lina 28, from the logan square / avondale area, freelance graphic designer, ! Love to meet some new friends from here possible workout buddies if you are in the area..... :) Love to attend any group ideas we come up with as well :)

ciao!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Hello Chicago people!! Im in the Logan Square area as well! Im all for getting together and going for a run a jog or hell Drinks!.....HA!:bigsmile:
  • Aj2998
    Aj2998 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello All I'm Amanda I'm from the NW burbs! I'm 35 and I need to loose another 58 lbs. I'm excited to continue my journey to better healthy and fitness! I've lost about 60 lbs so far and then hit a plateau, so started on MFP to help break through that. Looking forward to meeting new people.
    Lets get outside today and enjoy this awesome weather!!
  • Mexrose
    Mexrose Posts: 46
    Options
    Hello! I'm Rosie and Im from the Aurora area. Next week I will celebrate six months on MFP and almost three sizes down. I can't wait for this summer. I'm hoping I can meet some locals to share stories and celebrate our success in person.

I am excited about this summer (first time in YEARS) because I will finally feel comfortable in my summer clothes. I can't wait to check out the city a little more this year. Im ready for festivals.

Message me if you would like.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Jen. I used to live in the NW burbs - about 15 minutes west of Elgin - but recently moved back to the area I grew up in, just over the border in NW Indiana. I started this journey almost a year ago and have lost about 130 lbs. I'd like to lose another 30 or so and then reevaluate. I've been on a bit of a plateau since December, as a lot of major life changes have been happening for me. Not a good excuse, but an excuse, nonetheless. I've basically been gaining and losing the same 10 pounds since December. Anyway, despite that, I'm the lightest I've been since junior high and am very proud of my progress. I have done it the old fashioned way - eating more healthy (smaller portions, low carb, low cal, LOTS of water) and exercising. I spent pretty much every day in the pool last summer and the weight literally melted off. I'm looking forward to being BACK in the pool, to shed these last 30.

Hope you're all enjoying this gorgeous weather!! I wish I wasn't stuck in the office today!!
  • areeley
    areeley Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I'm Alison (Ali). I'm in Lakeview and have finally decided to get serious about getting in shape.

I guess my first glimpse at myself in shorts this week did the trick. Relatively new to Chicago and figured joing the group would keep me honest (motivated?) about using MFP regularly and give me some new ideas on what's available in the area for fitness.

I did just get the TeamFit Groupon, 5 months of unlimited boot camp staring in April for $139. Not a bad deal if you want to check it out.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather.

Ali
  • vinuchandar
    Options
    Hi ... I am Vinu, male, 235 pounds, 30 years old and 6' 4" and I am looking to lose 45 pounds. My main problem is laziness and motivation. So, I am looking for a workout partner who I can help and who can help me stay motivated. I live in the northwest suburbs, Des Plaines but work in the loop. Anyone from around these places looking for a workout partner?
  • Cheryl_66
    Cheryl_66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Cheryl and I live in the south burbs. I'm looking for new friends in the area.
  • Geyser_Mountain_Dreamer
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm Geyser. This might sound lame to some of you, but I'm a proud Hoosier because I live in NW IN.........>>>BUT<<<......my heart 100% belongs to Chicago. It'd be totally awesome to make some friends in the area.
  • Arwhite1865
    Arwhite1865 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! I'm a 22-year-old Chicagoan. (I'm a south sider). I've been here on MFP for nearly a year, but have only recently started using it seriously - and this is my first post! Feel free to add me if you want. :) Good luck to all of you!
  • TheFatAllie
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Allie and this is my first post. I'm at my biggest-315lbs-and need to lose at least half my body weight (the milestone doctor visit, changed my life). Happy to see many Chicago people!
  • reallyally1
    reallyally1 Posts: 82
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I'm Allyson... I'm 22 and I live on the north side of the city - Norwood Park. I've been losing weight since August of 2010 (back then I weighed 235 pounds). Nice to meet all of you. :)