Introduce Yourself!

Options

Replies

• shellshue
    shellshue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Shelly. I live in Willowbrook/Westmont area. I joined MFP a couple months ago. I am new to the area so I was hoping to get friends on board to help me with my weight loss but that has not happened. I would love to meet others in the same area who could use support or maybe even find a workout partner.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Michele. I live in the Avondale neighborhood. Would love to meet some other like-minded folks!
  • ahmed_al84
    Options
    Hi ,
    I am Ahmed, I live in Old town ,chicago, I lost 15 lbs on myfitnesspal and 64 lbs total, its really a life changing experience for me and I will be more than happy to share my experience and offer any help
  • myadorkablelife
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just joined MFP a few days ago after my mom tipped me off (she's lost 17lbs since joining!)...

I'm days away from 28 and have found since moving to the far north side and working in River North at a desk job, I'm not walking as much or as active as I once was... so when I went to the doctor this week and finally weighed myself for the first time in year, the number was a shock! Looking to lose 15-20lbs to just feel better about myself.

I've gotten better with what I'm eating, just need to work on getting & staying active again!
  • ellewood74
    ellewood74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Laura and I live in the western suburbs (Naperville/Lisle area). I joined MFP back in February but didn't quite get off on a good start. I am starting anew and trying to track my food and would love to find some friends in the area who I can support and who can support me in our weightloss journeys.
  • alottamoxie
    alottamoxie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Since Elle did it, I should to - since she's one of my best friends irl.

Hi. I'm Martii. 36, in Andersonville. Currently unemployed, which I'm sure isn't helping my self esteem any. I'm looking at losing 100 lbs by 7/1/13 - and blogging about it at http://agirlayearahundredpounds.wordpress.com

I'm really lazy when it comes to working out, so accountability and maybe a work out partner would be key.
  • shellshue
    shellshue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellewood!
    I am right with you. It is so hard to keep up the good work when it is summer. When I feel like I accomplished something it is like most of the people I know don't care cuz they are having their own weight battles and not winning. Would love some support!
  • myxomatosic
    Options
    Hi there, everyone.

I'm a little late to the party but wanted to introduce myself, too. Joined MFP a while ago but didn't really start using it seriously until recently. I've lost about 50 pounds so far and looking to lose some more! Currently living in Logan Square and loving it.
  • mcw1976
    mcw1976 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello there everybody.

My name is Mike and live in Elmwood Park.

Have been using MFP for a couple months now. Started at 344lbs in Dec 2011. With the help of Fatsecret (before switching to MFP), MyFitnessPal and Planet Fitness I have lost about 65lbs so far.
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Allie! I'm in the northwest suburbs. I'm currently at 314lbs and this is the highest I've ever been. I finally decided to do something about my weight. I want to be be able to do things that thinner people get to do more easily. My first goal is to be under 300lbs and then after that my goal will be to be able to sky dive since you have to be under 250lbs to do that. I want to be able to enjoy going to great america and riding the rides without being worried about fitting in them. I want to wear whatever I want and be able to be an active aunt for my 5 month old niece. I want to see her grow up and teach her things. Feel free to add me as a friend and hopefully we can support each other on here and maybe even in real life! Good luck everyone :)
  • MetilHed
    MetilHed Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Jeff. Just started using the MFP App and this site to track what I'm eating. I'm on the northwest side/Edison park area.
  • hopo37
    hopo37 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone !! My name is Kris and I live in the south suburbs and I work on the south side... I have been using MFP since January and been doing OK..
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm "V", I was born & raised in the Chi & I've never left. I'm here to get healthier & to get my body back.
    I'm also new to MFP, so feel free to add me as your friend. Currently, I'm on day 5 of 30DS (Level 1). I want to do the C25k, but I tried it today & failed after 10 min!!! I ordered myself a FitBit and am waiting for it to arrive. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited about getting it. Good luck to everyone here & hope to make some new Chi pals :)
  • jefftb20
    jefftb20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

My name is Jeff and I’m from the Southwest burbs. I joined MFP a while ago and really never used it until now I use it every day now it’s such a great tool. I have a long road ahead but I know I can achieve my goals. Please feel free to add me as a friend I can always use the support and I’ll be right there to support you. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  • shelbydoeshair
    Options
    Hello! I am a born and raised Florida girl but I live in Forest Park and work in West Loop! I'm a 27 year old hairstylist and if you're a fan of the Biggest Loser you may have picked up on the fact that a huge chunk of the ladies on there are hairstylists. It's SO hard to lose weight in a salon environment but I have lost ~11 lbs total so far since joining MFP! I still have about 30 to go to be back to my previous, pre-Chicago weight. :)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I am 31 Live in CHicago and work out at the Planet fitness in Elmwood park!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Hyde Parker here!

I'll let my video introduce myself. It might do a better job than me typing it out for my fellow Chicagoans .
    http://aprilfitness.shutterfly.com/pictures/8
  • chefsmash
    chefsmash Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey all... I'm here in Logan Square and I workout at XSport in the South Loop (I don't really care for the Logan Square one). I would love to get a workout partner (I need a spotter, lol) or just have some local pals on here for motivation and stuff. I'm a professional chef so obviously I love food & beverage, hence needing to lose a bunch of weight haha. Despite my size I'm really into fitness, especially lifting (heavy!), cycling/Spinning, and soon BJJ! Would be nice to have some like-minded friends around here!

Just wanted to say hello everyone! Feel free to add me!
  • Rachelle_Ohh
    Rachelle_Ohh Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, my name is Rachelle and I'm 22. I live in Ravenswood/Lincoln Square area of Chicago. I'm part time E-Commerce Counselor at B&W and soon to be indy/pro wrestler.

I also do Street Team for Resistance PRO!!!! :D
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Chrissie. I am in Chicago northside! Add me if you like!