TOM bad desperately need some wisdom

Options
Ladies,

I NEED help..but I'm so frustratingly limited.<I can't take any painkillers and I can't take any contraceptives :grumble: . I can't take most herbal remedies. I have serious drug allergies. I have an autoimmune disease that will cause anaphylactic shock if I take something it doesn't like...which so far has been all painkillers/ any hormonal interferences/ a lot of herbal supplements to date>...It is really not worth the risk. It's resuscitation roulette. But I can't deal with TOM anymore, can you think of anything that could help?

Tom is bad. I mean grit-your-teeth-bad-cramping-scream into a pillow-bad, whimpering for help because you've passed out again and you can't get up off the bathroom floor and your clothes are drenched in sweat and you've already gotten up 8 times and collapsed again 8 times and now you have no energy, you can't move and you can't even shout for help-bad, pain, throwing up, diarrhoea, nausea, sweating, dizziness more fainting. Sigh. It is actually akin to having food poisoning and the winter vomiting bug once a month.

Sometimes the tom symptoms start 10 days before tom starts so I lose most of my month to it.

It wasn't always like this, tom got bad like this the same time my autoimmune condition kicked in.

My survival thusfar has been sofa, sleep, hot water bottle, lots of water and just willing TOM to end soon. I have accidentally given myself burns using heat patches and hot water bottles too hot and not realised until the next day showering that theres scald marks on my skin. Thats how bad the pain is. I don't feel the burns at the time.

What helps? Does exercise during tom really help? Wouldn't it cause you to pass out? Can anyone make any suggestions or has everything been ruled out? If I strengthen my abdominal muscles will that help with the cramping or make it worse? Can you think of anything that I could do that might help?

Very hopeful :flowerforyou:
Thanks for taking the time to read this

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I really think you need to speak with your doctor about this. With your specific health concerns, I hesitate to suggest anything other than a heating pad (but heavens, not hot enough to burn your skin!). Light exercise can help, but I strongly suggest you discuss this all with your doctor.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I wonder if any IUDs (that are hormone free) would help with it...or what about some deep breathing or focused imagery?
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I really think you need to speak with your doctor about this. With your specific health concerns, I hesitate to suggest anything other than a heating pad (but heavens, not hot enough to burn your skin!). Light exercise can help, but I strongly suggest you discuss this all with your doctor.

I agree.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    I wonder if any IUDs (that are hormone free) would help with it...

^^^I thought this as well and maybe a heating pad would help. I would also check with your doctor. And if you don't like what they have to say, see another. I had to change doctors a few times before I found one that helped me. Turns out, I have endometriosis. We were able to find a plan that works for me. I had my share of problems from passing out from cramps to cycles that went on for weeks on end when they actually came. I feel so much for you and I wish you the best of luck with this.