Using resistance bands.

Options
becka63
becka63 Posts: 712 Member
Hi there,

Glad I found this group, had noticed a bit of a CLX drought on the forums!

So, I started at the beginning of January, I've just abou finished the burn circuits and looking forward to the next stage next week.

I'm using resistance bands, I bought a set of 5 with a range of resistance.

I just wanted to ask 2 things. Firstly, does anyone on here have experience of using bands only for this workout? Secondly, a more generic question, did you find that the first time you did the burn circuit that you spent several workouts trying to get the right weight for your set?

For example, I think I underestimated in wk1, and used my stretchiest band, and although I experienced some muscle soreness, I think it was from not having done moves like that before rather than from the band. So in wk2, I upped the resistance and felt that on some of the moves, particularly the raises, presses and flys, my form was suffering because it was too heavy. I feel that I may have 'wasted' two weeks getting it right, and I only just feel that I'm getting a decent burn from working to fatigue.... I wondered whether to redo 2weeks,but then decided against it and now think just to go with it and then redo the whole thing but with a better idea of what resistance is right for me.

Sorry if that's convoluted, feel free to just pick out anything that makes any kind of sense!!!

Replies

• Exna
    Exna Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I wrote a whole lot and I accidentely closed my internet window :( ..

Oh well ... here I go again

I am now starting the last week of the Push phase.
    I started as well just with the resistance bands. For the first 2 weeks I was like you trying to get the right weight for my set. I never workout like this before, so some of the excercises were really new for me. I know now that my "weak spot" are my arms... I am just not there ... YET....
    You can always take notes on how you feel after each excercise so you know what you should do/use for next week.
    I don't know if you should start over again, I just know you should just keep "pushing PLAY" :) ... maybe someone has a better advise? I just kept going trying to pay close attention to the set and the resistance I was using...

For the Push phase I bought at Target the "Reebok Speed Pac 25 Adjustable" they are really nice weights, they go from 5lbs to 25 lbs , ( I already had 30lbs) and they are not that expensive. Believe me during the second phase you want to lift heavier ( for those lifting heavier than this, sorry this is heavy for me :P :) )

Hope this helps ! :) ... good luck!
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I travel for a living and am only home on weekends. So, when I am on the road I use the bands, when I am at home I use a powerblock weight set. I love the bands for certain moves and the weights for others. But, my choices are limited with my travel. I have been completely through the program while traveling and it was great.

I don't think you need to start over just make sure you adjust when needed. I do take her advice and write it down how I did the wight and how it felt, etc.

I am currently doing a tribrid that includes CLX, Insanity and TF
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I think you're over-analyzing it. Just take what you've learned and run with it. I know the first few times I do any workout are awkward. The fact that you are doing it is good enough. The first few workouts will be hard to tell how much resistance is enough or too much. I know the first time I did that first workout, I felt like a train wreck later that week. So, the next time I did it, I used a lighter band and probably didn't push myself hard enough. Who knows. I had a library copy, so I didn't get too far into the workouts. I just bought myself a copy online, so when it comes in I'll probably test myself with the "band basics" and see which bands I like the best.

I was too cheap to buy the weights for this time around. Maybe after the 90 days, if I feel like doing this again, I'll buy real weights. Right now, all I have is 5lbs and 10lbs and a set of bands.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I probably am to be fair!

Finished the burn phase today and looking forward to starting the push on Monday. Gonna stick with the bands for now, I have no money or space for weights at the moment! I only went up to the 3rd of my 5 resistance bands in burn, so hoping to push it a bit further in..erm...push!