Hello All! Trying to get on the morning routine!

Options
Hey all!

I used to get up EVERY morning at 5ish to do my workout. Well, I got out of that routine and started working out at night. Now, I find that when I get off work and travel the 20 miles home, I'm no longer motivated to work out, so I need some help getting up in the morning.

What do you do to get out of bed so early? I would much rather exercise in the mornng to relax and do housework in the evenings.

Glad to be a new member!

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Getting up early isn't easy. I usually just need to force myself for a few days. Then, I remember how good I feel the rest of the day or simply that it's another thing checked off my list and it gets a little easier each day.
  • erikjacki
    erikjacki Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I know if I get up early and do my workout, I will have more time at night to spend with my husband and 2 year old. That is my motivation. Though often it "sucks"- I am never upset that I did it. However, when I don't get the workout in, I do get frustrated that I didn't. Try to remember why you started the early morning routine to begin with- it may help you to stick with it! Good luck!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    The above two posters hit it on the head. I have only been doing it for 3 weeks but I am proud of myself every morning when I do it. Ihave only regretted the one day I didn't.

It is SO hard. You really do have to force yourself. I honestly do feel better now that I am doing this.

Start getting up just a little earlier. I am only getting 15 min on my elliptical but I am really going to try to get up even a little earlier & make it 20.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Thanks y'all! I'm starting to get motivated. I just couldn't force myself this morning, so I've planned my workout for this evening. I've got to get up in the morning and exercise since we are going out of town tomorrow. I know once I get into the routine I will keep it up. It's just the initial doing it that is hard for me!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all! I'm starting to get motivated. I just couldn't force myself this morning, so I've planned my workout for this evening. I've got to get up in the morning and exercise since we are going out of town tomorrow. I know once I get into the routine I will keep it up. It's just the initial doing it that is hard for me!

You CAN do it! !