HIIT Traiing

Options
perezke
perezke Posts: 45 Member
Anyone on here do any HIIT (high intensity interval training)? I have read that it produces more fat burn. Anyone have experience with this?

Replies

• coreymusonda
    coreymusonda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of HIIT...but I do complete interval training. My treadmill has "weight loss" programs at different difficulty levels that involve 5 different intervals of 30 seconds each, e.g., starting at 3.5mph, then 4.0, then 4.5, 5.0, 5.5 then back down and up over and over. I've found these to be successful programs. In addition, interval training has been helpful in improving my overall running speeds....when I started running I was averaging a 17 min mile and a year and a half later I am now able to run 12-13 min miles.
  • dianacannon89
    dianacannon89 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do HITT When I started I could only run 30 secs begining of march I believe Ive now put forth a solid effort about 3 days a week HITTing and tonight I ran 2 mins and walked 2 mins my way through 3 miles! UP AND DOWN A BRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!! A BBBBBRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!! Coming from the girl who could barely reach her shoe a few months ago....Did I mention the bridge? :laugh:

On my bike I have been HITTing as well and I have been biking way more then running prob 5 times a week and have doubled my speed I started at 6MPH dead out of breath done for the night passed out but still SO proud of my accomplishment to now again 1 month later I doubled my speed MORE then doubled actually! I am up to 13MPH now! & Can go for an hour at that average speed!

HIIT WORKS! anyone reading this if you think you cant do it YES YOU CAN you just have to do it:happy:
  • raggyanndoll
    raggyanndoll Posts: 176
    Options
    Not sure exactly how HIIT training is supposed to work but I did a workout today that was.....whew!! I sat in on a nutrition/weight management class that my husband is taking and someone asked about HIIT workouts. This is what the instructor says he did: 2 minutes walking, 2 minutes jogging, 1 minute sprinting. I did a quick 5 minute warmup, four of these intervals, and then a quick 5 minute cool down for a total of 30 minutes. Wasn't impossible but wasn't easy either. I'm at a plateau and I sure would like to break through it. We'll see how this goes. I'll try this about 3x per week for a couple of weeks and see how it goes.