Without shoes?

Options
I made it through ten days of level 1 and they didn't really bother me, but I couldn't finish level two without kicking off my shoes. It was all that plank type stuff, my shoes were getting in the way and caught up on the carpet. The cardio isn't all too high impact and I am working out on carpet, so I don't think this will hurt me. Am I wrong, will shoes be better? I did day two without my shoes and was much happier.

Replies

• Mama2HnC
    Options
    I too do it without shoes..
    I've a very expensive shag rug in my living room.. and I can't afford to wreck it with my shoes.
    Plus, this isn't the only cardio I do, I run/walk for a hour each do too...

I hope it's not bad or less effective!
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    For it me it was the complete opposite. I prefer to not use shoes so I did the entire level 1 without shoes. However, for level 2 I felt like I had to wear shoes. Especially for the planks and lunges, the shoes helped me keep my balance.

Oh, and I have a hardwood floor..

I think it's actually more challenging to do it without shoes because you have to use more muscles to jump and keep your balance :)
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    We have berber carpet in the living room which is where the TV is. I was having a real difficult time doing the jumping jacks and butt kicks with my shoes on so I stopped wearing shoes when I do this workout.

If you were working on a wood or linoleum floor, I can see the necessity for shoes, but on carpet I dont see it as a problem.
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've done it barefoot since the beginning as well.

I remember hearing something about it being better to do certain activities or exercises barefoot. Which is why I think some people buy those hideous shoes that look like feet.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I like the ankle support for jumping jacks and lunges that shoes provide but butt kicks are a lot easier in stocking feet!
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    no shoes here
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first day of level 2 and had to pause it briefly to put my shoes on! I was trying to do the squat thrusts and my feet kept slipping out from underneath me! LOL! Without butt kicks on this level...I will probably don shoes!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My physio told me not to do it without shoes on, so shoes on for me
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I've done most of L1 without shoes, then tried L2 and there's no way I can do it without shoes as I'm sliding all over the place, have terrible balance and the pressure on my knees is insane! I found wearing shoes supports me better and I feel less pressure on my joints so I will carry on like that. :smile: