I just need to vent...

Options
MissKim
MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
I am so freakin sick of seeing people talk about how bad saturated fat is for you!! If i read another "advice giver" telling someone to stay away from saturated fats, i'm going to scream!!! What kind of idiot could possibly think that man made fats are better for you than something God created (in amimals and in breastmilk)!! (for you non religion folks) something found in nature!!!

omg!!

Thanks, i feel better.

Replies

• freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ What she said ^^^^^
  • njdoll
    njdoll Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hear, hear. Sing it, sista!
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    When I used to work at whole foods type stores, every so often there'd be some article in the news about avoiding fat.. and people were actually attempting 0 fat diets.. usual scenario went something like this:

Customer: Why is my skin and hair so dry and my hair is falling out!
    Me: Are you by chance attempting a low fat diet right now?
    Customer: I've been on 0 fat for 6 months how did you know!!?? lol

Some saturated fats are kind of bad though, like hydrogenated oils.. and palm oil, I won't touch those type of trans fats mainly due to vanity because even a little tends to break my skin out. But if they do that to my skin I figure they can't be good for the rest of me. I have to watch it even with the coconut oil for that reason. Olive oil and butter I do fine with though.
  • KMAMinx13
    KMAMinx13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    When I used to follow conventional wisdom (CW) and attempted low/no-fat food plans, I would literally lose all my strength. All I ever wanted to do was sleep. No fat = No energy = No life...... No thanks! Also very fuzzy-brained. Fat is necessary for proper brain function.

Coconut Oil, EVOO, Butter = replenishment and a feeling of well-being. I'll have that please.
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I feel this way every time I hear anyone propagate "bad" fat stigma or any healthy grain stigma. Ignorance is bliss for some people I suppose? I am getting angry just thinking about it....