Introductions!

Options
Hello to all. I'm so happy you've decided to join me in our journey to a healthier and happier life. My name is Mary. I am 24 years old and married. I'm from California. I've attempted to do p90x several times, and could never finish it. The farthest I've ever gotten was week 2. :cry: I hope that we will all push and motivate each other to do our best and forget the rest.

Replies

• NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I started it 2 days ago but I'm in! I'm 28, from Florida :)
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    That's okay Nicole. I'm so happy you're joining us!
  • fusiongal
    fusiongal Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 35! Its hard to lose weight as you get older. I've never tried P90X. I put a call out a while back for anyone who was going to do it, so glad I saw you!
  • fusiongal
    fusiongal Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh! And my name is Annika :)
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    My name is Charlie, I received P90x as a gift and have been loving it so far. I have chosen not to do the Plyo DVD due to some joint issues, but i supplemt the program with a spin class 3 days a week.

The biggest advice i can give to anyone new is to watch the dvd once before you do them, its very hard to try to do the moves correctly the first time as Tony doesnt give much instruction, especially if you are starting pull ups with bands.

I cannot do even one pull up so i use a band for that (currently 50 lbs resistance) and for everything else i am using either 8, 10, or 12 lbs weights.

Good Luck to everyone :bigsmile:
  • kkarst
    kkarst Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kristina, I am 32 and in my 2nd round of p90x. I love it. You may even want to go to beachbody.com and sign up on on the WOWY site. It's a site for p90x members and you can even get a coach to help you out for free! Good luck!

Tomorrow I will be doing core snyergistics. Are you doing classic, doubles or lean?
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    Hey Kristina. I've been on the WOWY site before. It's just way too confusing. I'd rather just stick to MFP. Congrats on your success with p90x. I'm not sure if you're asking me this question but I will be doing the LEAN version. :)

Charlie, it is true that Tony doesn't give much instructions so it's best to watch the video first. And if you can't do them correctly, just modify it. I'm going to be using resistance bands too. :)
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 1 of P90X. So far so good!
  • Adadollx33
    Options
    I'm in!
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Day 4 and can barely move!
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I'm Ranel from Louisiana now living in Georgia.:) got p90x last year lasted about 3 days and just stopped.Add me as a friend. So glad to join you guys. Now I can't wait till the 30th.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm Erin. Tried this once and didn't stick with it!! :sad: Hopefully this group can help pull me through!! Good Luck everyone
  • davina34
    Options
    HEY I AM IN...WHAT DO I DO???
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    HI, I'm Erin. Tried this once and didn't stick with it!! :sad: Hopefully this group can help pull me through!! Good Luck everyone

Definitely! I'm so looking forward in achieving P90x. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    HEY I AM IN...WHAT DO I DO???

Hey! We will be starting P90X on Monday the 30th! On Sunday I will contact those participating for stats. :)
  • MeRevisitedAgain
    MeRevisitedAgain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm scared to death, which is why I have had this for a year and never even turned it on...but I'm in!
  • mrshmiller9
    Options
    I just posted looking for friends starting!! And found this I'm starting on the 30th.
    Just finishing 30 day shred I'm super excited looking for awesome results...
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    Ok, I'm scared to death, which is why I have had this for a year and never even turned it on...but I'm in!

Girl. I'm scared myself. But you always have to have a positive attitude. That's the only way. We can do it! :smile:
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    I just posted looking for friends starting!! And found this I'm starting on the 30th.
    Just finishing 30 day shred I'm super excited looking for awesome results...

YAY! I'm loving the positive attitude!
  • yippeeskippee
    Options
    Hi! I'm Shelbie. I'm also a scaredy cat of P90X. I've never done such a hardcore all around regimen before. But I'm excited. :)