Level 2 progression

Options
nymphis
nymphis Posts: 59 Member
I don't see anyone posting progress on level 2 anymore ... maybe I am not checking in right. :)

Day 3 of my lvl 2 and it's still a killer ... I hate Jillian halfway through, but I am thinking of that shopping trip for jeans ... "man" ...

I can't do the skater position so I replaced that one with rope skipping.

I also crumble at the last circuit - strengh - my arms just don't want to lift anymore ... but I do try to push through ... I heard that lvl 3 is easier than lvl 2 ... I sure hope that's the case cause I am hating it right now. :)

How is everyone coping with lvl 2?

Replies

• scheerlady1122
    Options
    I did it for the first time last night and there are places that I actually like better than level 1. I completely agree though, that last circuit was killer because my arms were just dead!!
  • bkbabe99
    bkbabe99 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Today was day 2 for me. I so agree about that last circuit! My poor arms! I do all the modified exercises when they do anything in a plank position. I did do maybe 4 actual jumping jack planks or whatever they are called and then went back to modified. During the double jumps, I whip out my jump-rope which is easier for me. The last set of abs I have to stop and just do regular crunches.
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I actually have to stop and catch my breath sometimes

I agree about those plank position I can do some of the jumps but the second set I usually end up doing it modified.

In a way I am "glad" to see I am not the only one feeling overwhelmed it just gives me strenght to move forward. Together we can make it! :)
  • easuess
    easuess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I did D1L2 yesterday, and in some spots it seemed easier than L1 -- the walking push-ups, for example.

But mostly I just feel really awkward doing the plank cardio stuff. First of all, my upper body is still pretty weak, even though I thought I was rippin' in L1! :wink: And I feel pretty uncoordinated when it comes to plank jacks.

I am nowhere near as sore as I was on the first day of L1. So I'm wondering if I'm just in overall better shape or if I'm slacking and don't realize it.

At any rate, I'll hold out with L2 as long as I can, but I'm already dying to skip to L3! :happy:
  • missb92
    missb92 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I started level 3 yesterday as I wont be able to do the 30 days straight... so trying to do equal days of each until I can. But dont be fooled....It is most definitely NOT easier than previous levels!! I'll admit that I dont sweat as much doing level 3 but it so much tougher on arms and legs, a lot more focus on strength! Im starting to see a difference though and my abs feel firmer! Stick with it guys :D
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The strength piece where you go into a forward lunge come up strait then into a backward lunge, I literally cannot do that. I can do a forward lunge and a backward lunge but I can't do them together. I try really hard but its so pathetic I feel its a waste of a minute or however long I have, so I just replace it with something I can quickly think of from level one.

Does anyone have any advice on how to do that? Or has anyone had this problem? Its really annoying not being able to do it, I do't know whats wrong with me.
  • Marebare74
    Options
    The strength piece where you go into a forward lunge come up strait then into a backward lunge, I literally cannot do that. I can do a forward lunge and a backward lunge but I can't do them together. I try really hard but its so pathetic I feel its a waste of a minute or however long I have, so I just replace it with something I can quickly think of from level one.

Does anyone have any advice on how to do that? Or has anyone had this problem? Its really annoying not being able to do it, I do't know whats wrong with me.

Should I assume you are struggling because it's a rhythm kind of movement? Maybe try doing it away from the video. Real slow like, just to get the pattern down. Think forward and down, then middle, then back and down. Do legs first, then when you have it down pat, add the arm curls.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 tonight, did day 1 and 2 then had 2 days break as we had alot of stuff on, but in those days I did pilates, and 6 week 6 pack so I will hopefully not struggle too much tonight!
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of Level 2 today! My arms were like jello by the end of it but felt very energized afterward! I can't even imagine starting out with Level 2 without building some strength off from Level 1! Lets all get through this together! It will be interesting to compare results!
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

Should I assume you are struggling because it's a rhythm kind of movement? Maybe try doing it away from the video. Real slow like, just to get the pattern down. Think forward and down, then middle, then back and down. Do legs first, then when you have it down pat, add the arm curls.
    Well I certainly appreciate the tip and I'll give it a try! I don't know why I can't...
  • LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Just completed day 3 of level 2 and everything is ok except for my back is killing me. More so my spinal cord but that's a seperate issue from just working out pain. I haven't really been too sore from this one which is fine with me.
  • loraloha74
    Options
    Loving the challenge of level 2. I am a sweaty mess by the time its over Lol!
  • scheerlady1122
    Options
    I did two days of level 2 and somehow I killed myself! I'm going to have to take a day or so to recover because my knees and quads are killing! I want to make sure I don't get an injury. I wasn't even sore after the first day, so this is a bit bizarre to me. Anyone else super sore?
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    I just did Day 4 and I gotta say that my arms are getting a proper beating in level 2. However, I am in love with the double crunches and find myself doing them a couple of extra sets :-)
  • docsallen
    docsallen Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I did D1 of L2 and I thought it was so much harder than L1. With L1, the 1st circuit was hardest for me and I think the other 2 are easier. And the strength portion is the most difficult to me. I actually enjoyed the abs b/c I was able to lay down and catch my breath. I did not feel like I was able to catch my breath with L2. I am doing cardio 3-4 days/week in addition to the 30DS and I ran before I did L2. I was exhausted and jelly-like everywhere when I finished L2. I can't picture this level feeling managable and I'm already scared of L3.
  • shmunster
    Options
    Just did D4L2 and I'm finding it good now, but I cant get through the plank thingies that are like half burpees, and I still cant get through all the skipping lol! I suck at cardio!
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I've done D2L2 and it is somewhat difficult. I too have the issue with the forward and backward lunges, but it is just because of the arthritis in my knees. I am not sore after day 1 L2 like I thought I would be.
  • Mama2HnC
    Options
    Started day 2 yesterday.... and wow. I was dripping sweat... and I don't sweat easily..
    It's 100 times harder than level 1.
    I find that there is WAY more arm work in this level... I think that's the only thing that was hard, was 3/4's through... my arms just started to melt.
    I don't really have issues with anything else.

Can't wait until I'm on day 5 or 6 of level two, and look back and find it getting easy!
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I started Level 2 today. Things were going fine until I had to work my deltoids. I dislike that exercise just as much as I disliked the side squat lift thing from Level 1. Many of the plank exercises were difficult but I was able to do them with the help from my Iron Gym bar.
  • shmunster
    Options
    Just did Day 17!!! Oh man, I am hanging to get to the end and take my measurements, they better be good or I will be crushed!