New here and procrastinating!

Options
Hi all, I have bought the book and am ready to dive in...well almost!
I'm just finding it hard to take the first step! I'm a mom of 2 and I've been on many diets and "life-style" changes. I know I just need to do it, I really Really want to do it. I have lost 20lbs since starting here at My fitness pal early last year. My best friend told me of this book and it sounds great, not to mention written by a mom and has a workout plan...woot!
I think its the exercise commitment that is keeping my head in the sand! I know once I start I'll be good to go, but gosh its like I need a huge boot to come and kick my butt this time!! Any tips on starting the workouts and overcoming the fear of "doing all the work...but not seeing results after the torture of exercise fear?" Did I mention I am also a procrastinator ;)
Looking forward to meeting others here on the boards.
Cheers
Julia

Replies

• melissaannegreenwood
    Options
    Hi Julia!!

I'm new here too!! I plan on starting Monday. I'm taking the weekend to clean out my cupboards, grocery shop, make some meals so they're ready and easy and mentally prepare for everything.

It would be awesome if you started Monday too; I would love some company of someone else first starting out as well. We could keep each other on track!

Feel free to friend me if you like :)

Melissa
  • Hi Jules,

Paralysis by annuluses is common. Here are a couple of mind exercises I like to do:

You need to ask yourself what are you really afraid of...?
    What's the worst thing that can happen if that fear comes true?
    If failure were not an option and anything you set your mind to do - you could do where are you in five years?
    Now being in that place five years from now -- look back at your life and what things did you do and accomplish to get there? Write those steps down.

Lastly, I would look at doing a charity 5k or some other event to motivate you to get moving. Find a "cause" you enjoy championing for and get outside and get moving. Build that "Can Do" society and get your friends moving with you and walking out the journey with you. They will help keep you motivated and accountable. Also make sure to hook up with us on Facebook and friend me here -- both are under sixweekstoskinnyjeans

Remember.....
    live life. love yourself. be healthy
    Amy
  • Hi Julia,
    Welcome! Friend me as well I'm @ sixweekstoskinnyjeans -- Glad to have you with us!
    You got this.
    Amy
  • devilyoda
    devilyoda Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :)