Watching it now...
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Save. So I can watch it later.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    OHHHHH Im gonna have to get my dinner going... there are multiple parts!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cramernh
    Options
    Im on Part 4 and Im LOVING THIS.... My Endo DEFINITELY needs to have this....
  • cramernh
    Options
    this was FANTASTIC... very informative, exploring all avenues both good and contradicting.... I am very impressed with the control groups they did, they did different parameters, focus angles and such to get different views with different elements: the way a study should be done to begin with.

I think making responsible choices in what we choose to eat if you are doing low-carb (regardless of the type of LC), really does make a difference.

To eat as much as you want? ummm I dont know if I could do that... but, I will admit I am a mad mad mad woman for a mean BBQ! LOL

Thank you so much for sharing this.... Im going to go make my dinner now, LOL! I couldnt get up from the chair - I had to keep clicking on the next part to watch this through! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA
  • LeeSee1027
    LeeSee1027 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. Loved the science and the research. Thanks for sharing:-)
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've watched all 5 parts - very interesing, thanks for sharing.....now I just have to go and eat some protein!
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    replying so I can check it out tomorrow:) sounds like i'm gonna learn something.

TFS:)
  • sethandjane
    sethandjane Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Same here... bumping for later. Thanks for posting!!!
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Off to have a look now :-) I need all the help I can get!
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bada_bing
    bada_bing Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Interesting, destroyed some of the myths about ketosis, etc, that I had! But, it is the absolute truth that you lose more weight by doing a low carb lifesyle. I believe that sugar and white equals more sugar and white....a non ending urge to eat!
  • cramernh
    Options
    Interesting, destroyed some of the myths about ketosis, etc, that I had! But, it is the absolute truth that you lose more weight by doing a low carb lifesyle. I believe that sugar and white equals more sugar and white....a non ending urge to eat!

I am more impressed with the fact that today's experts admitted they were stumped with their findings when they compared Atkin's approach (the more realistic version) to today's common weight loss approaches... The experts ADMITTED that this is definitely a reasonable approach to weight loss...

The fact that only ONE person was mentioned as dying, you cant really blame Atkin's approaches because of the fact, they didnt disclose specifics on how they truly died and whether or not it was the counter-productive axe to them.... The controls they did were more plausible (I bow to Mythbusters!), because they didnt stick with just one method, they had multiple methods, avenues and angles considered.... THAT is the type of information Im interested in... they used both men and women, identical twins, control groups, etc - VERY diverse and therefore to me, more convincing because they didnt leave anything out.

While I wont gorge myself out (I know many who followed it but didnt sit there and consume a whole pound of bacon), this is a medically recognized safe lifestyle choice for people to follow with or without their doctors (provided they arent being treated for catastrophic medical situations of course).... and MFP recognizes 'us'.... so all the die-hards on MFP really need to stop being so damn adamant in being die-hards (IMHO)...
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    Fab videos, great info. Thank for posting them. It could have done without the scary drama music and the close ups of people eating but apart from that great!
  • cramernh
    Options
    scary music? what scary music? This is BBC! LOL Thats very normal.... hasnt changed in the last 30 years.... even when they shared PBS with Boston in the 70's...
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    LOL I know gotta love the BBC (Actually apart from Eastenders) I hate them thats one of the reasons I have to pay a TV license! Bloody BBC!
  • cramernh
    Options
    as a musician in real life, music in entertainment serves as a dual purpose to keep the viewer/listener attached to what they are seeing.... there is a scientific methodology involved that draws you further and further into the subject matter.

That type of music actually increases adrenalin and other stimulating type body chemicals and hormones to keep you more alert and focused on the subject material...

I didnt find it scary at all to be honest... if anything it just adds to the subject matter very well...lol
  • Kattaway
    Options
    Bump
  • l2rcc
    l2rcc Posts: 14
    Options
    bump-ity