Pie Face!

Options
I am an avid pie lover.. that has to be one of my main downfalls and I try my best to "look away" from the multitudes of Pie Face shops in the Sydney CBD.. however today I actually went on their site to have a nosy at their calorie ratings per pie.

And I was really suprised at the results! The mini sausage rolls are just over 200cal each (no difference if you opt for vege) and the mini pies (Steak, Mince, Tandoori Veg, Chicken & Mushroom) all hit around the 160cal mark (regardless of flavour). This was awesome news! I may not be able to have a pie as often as I used to (breakfast..) but if I really crave at least now I can have a taste.

Word of warning though.. looking at the calorie ratings for the full size pies they go as high as 600cal for the bacon & egg!! That is actually the worst out of their pies. If you need a pie fix tuck in to the Chunky Steak at only 397 cal per pie.. the rest hover in the 400's.

Just thought I'd share this for any other pie nuts out there! I have added the mini pies etc in to the food database too..

Replies

• Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Sorry but their pies and sausage rolls are horrible :(
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    yeah I was a bit disappointed.

If I'm going to get a pie it's going to be a top quality one (yatala or beefy's around here)

It's hard to find any with decent macros ie. more protein than fat.
  • thesameas
    thesameas Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've only ever had their vegetarion sausage rolls, and I though it was delicious :x

I don't get into the city very often though, so I don't have to worry about cravings.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    ewww, pies are gross! i will only eat a pie if my partner makes it, and it's got ACTUAL meat in it... Same with pasties, i only eat vego pasties now because they meat they use in pasties tastes like a concoction of gristle, pepper and sand, i keep asking at work, what it is that they put in pasties and call it meat, but i can't get any decent answer... puke!

i work in a butcher, and honestly, i can't even get a clue to what the hell kind of meat the bakerys are using.