Week 4 Weigh In

Options
ocrunner11
ocrunner11 Posts: 293 Member
Congrats to all of you who have made it to this week! Your motivation to be In It to Win It 2012 is here and so are we. Each week is another challenge that only you can conquer so with that in mind, stay positive and focused on this upcoming weekend; take care of yourself with a little pampering and know that the beauty in each of you is real and amazing :flowerforyou:

I broke the barrier this morning, I'm down 2 lbs:smile::smile: How did it happen; increased exercise, drank more water and logged my food and kept in my daily intake goal. So allow me to indulge in a WOOHOO!!! With all of you! Bring it on, I'm In It to Win It.
Enjoy the Day:flowerforyou:

Replies

• missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options

I broke the barrier this morning, I'm down 2 lbs:smile::smile: How did it happen; increased exercise, drank more water and logged my food and kept in my daily intake goal. So allow me to indulge in a WOOHOO!!! With all of you! Bring it on, I'm In It to Win It.

Yay, you! That's awesome!

I lost another pound this week, which makes a total of three so far during this challenge. Upping my calories seemed to do the trick. I think having a higher allotment but NOT eating most of my exercise calories is what is going to work for me. That way, I eat about the same amount each day. I will still allow myself a day a week to go over. I think that seems to really "rev" my metabolism.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    No loss and no gain. Well ok I lost like 0.2 lbs but I don't really count that too much.

Glad I didn't gain.

And on goes the plateau.
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    No loss and no gain. Well ok I lost like 0.2 lbs but I don't really count that too much.

Glad I didn't gain.

And on goes the plateau.
    Just a suggestion, do you like fish? I found that having a white fish, halibut, or red snapper with cooked spinach and lemon water for dinner, helps with these plateau. Try it and let me know how it goes.
    I'm glad you did not gain either, you are on the road to losing, stay with it. Have a blessed day!:flowerforyou:
  • ocrunner11
    Options

Yay, you! That's awesome!

I lost another pound this week, which makes a total of three so far during this challenge. Upping my calories seemed to do the trick. I think having a higher allotment but NOT eating most of my exercise calories is what is going to work for me. That way, I eat about the same amount each day. I will still allow myself a day a week to go over. I think that seems to really "rev" my metabolism.

Can you explain this theory to me, I still don't get it, eat more and you will lose? I am sure some on our team would love the theory on this. Enjoy the Day!
  • AnnaCVeach
    AnnaCVeach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I only lost 1 pound this week. But I am happy with that. Onward I go full force. I think next week I am going to skip the treadmill and utilize only the elliptical. Mainly due to hip, knee and leg pain but also to do something different so my body doesn't get "bored". Congrats to those who lost weight this week.
  • laughingatchu630
    laughingatchu630 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound this week. I think I'm going to up my calories a little bit and see if that helps! Hopefully good numbers next week!
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    I only lost 1 pound this week. But I am happy with that. Onward I go full force. I think next week I am going to skip the treadmill and utilize only the elliptical. Mainly due to hip, knee and leg pain but also to do something different so my body doesn't get "bored". Congrats to those who lost weight this week.
    Congrats!!! You passed the 10 lb mark on to 15, 4 more to go :smile: Make sure you stretch, ice, elevate and relax your knee/leg.
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    I gained a pound this week. I think I'm going to up my calories a little bit and see if that helps! Hopefully good numbers next week!
    stick with it and don't give up, I know the feeling, but check your food the day prior, see what the numbers came out, any extra salt in the servings or processed food? Keep drinking water you will beat this! Have a great weekend:flowerforyou:
    Thanks for checking in!
  • ngottstein
    Options
    Completely forgot to weight in yesterday so weighed in this morning with a 1.2 lb gain. Not the way to start my day :cry: On the verge of feeling really down today but the sun is beautiful so will try to change my attitude. Congrats to those who lost!
  • ocrunner11
    Options
    Completely forgot to weight in yesterday so weighed in this morning with a 1.2 lb gain. Not the way to start my day :cry: On the verge of feeling really down today but the sun is beautiful so will try to change my attitude. Congrats to those who lost!
    I know the feeling, regroup, check out your diary and see what changes you need to do to be successful this upcoming week. The sun is out and it is a beautiful day, go for a walk, breathe in and be thankful you are here today :flowerforyou: We are cheering you on, you can do this, one day at a time :heart:
  • ngottstein
    Options
    I know the feeling, regroup, check out your diary and see what changes you need to do to be successful this upcoming week. The sun is out and it is a beautiful day, go for a walk, breathe in and be thankful you are here today :flowerforyou: We are cheering you on, you can do this, one day at a time :heart:

Thanks so much for your kind words. It means so much to have support & know that there are others fighting the same battle. Thinking back over the week, I think I ate more carbs than usual so will cut back there. Also need to work on my water. Ready to do my 3rd ab workout for the week & also some Zumba today!:bigsmile:
  • annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    224.2 (booooo)
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Can you explain this theory to me, I still don't get it, eat more and you will lose? I am sure some on our team would love the theory on this. Enjoy the Day!
    [/quote]

I have no idea why it works! But with that said, it seems to. I think anything we do to make sure our body isn't in a rut helps. I'm not eating any more than I did when my calories were set at 1200 and I ate my exercise calories. I just don't eat any (or many) of my exercise calories now. Eating over a day a week keeps me from being likely to binge: I know I get a treat frequently. Also, I think our bodies get used to the same amount of calories all the time and our metabolisms tend to slow down. Of course, that isn't scientific and I am probably way off base, so don't quote me!
  • k_harvey
    k_harvey Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I never reported on Friday! :blushing: I did not end up doing much exercise because of my very busy work week and I didn't come up with a plan to fit it in basically because I felt so tired all week. Alas, I had a very good workout yesterday and today so I just have to deal with some weeks being better than others and to really watch what I'm eating when I don't exercise. I stayed the same, so no loss for 2 weeks but this week will be a loss!!!!!!!! Have a great week everybody and keep at it! :flowerforyou: It's so important to keep reporting and logging, especially when you are not seeing results because this is where we will all find motivation!