How many pounds are your weights?

Options
Mdin1029
Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
What type of weights do you use for 30DS, Ripped in 30, etc? I had been using 3lb (i know-sad) and just upped to 5lb. Is that good enough or should I work up to 8lb, then 10lbs?

Replies

• valkomer
    Options
    Same for me. I started out each level of 30DS with 3 lb weights and then after 4 or 5 days, I went up to 5 lbs. I think it just depends on what you can handle. Don't quote me on this but I think I read somewhere that they only use 5 lb weights in the video...
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I use 5-pounders and it works well for me.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your own personal strength. For 30 day shred, for some exercises I use 8 lbs, for some 10 lbs and for some 5s. It depends on the exercise. For ripped in 30, same thing, the weight can range from 7 to 10 lbs depending on the exercise.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I started out doing 30 ds with 1 pound dumbells but after a month of not seeing the results I wanted I changed up to 4,4 ( 2 kgs, im swedish!). I worked with theese doing first 30 ds, then NMTZ, KB&T and 6 w 6p. Bought new dumbells after new years, 6,6 lbs ( 3 kgs) and been doing NMTZ witht theese for about a month.
    I shouldve changed way earlier, at least so I could do on set of each circuit with the heavier ones. NMTZ is still hard work with the 6,6 lbs dumbells, but I just work through it.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    well i started my 30ds today im starting with 3lb dumbbells but im thinking about upping it , since i have been doing her shred it with weights ,,,
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am using 5 pound weights right now. I will use these through 30DS next (finishing my last week of RI30 right now) and maybe upgrade a level aftter that.