Assignment

Options
Hey you guys -

If you have a moment to do this, then great! If not, no worries...

Go through your "friends" list and see if any of your friends haven't logged in for a while (maybe more than a few days?).

If you feel brave enough to, send them an email, checking in with them, just saying "hello, how ya doing?"

Ideally, this will let them know that someone's watching out for them and hopefully motivate them to return to logging in their meals and exercise.

~katie

Replies

• secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I love you katie! You are so sweet!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Done!

I do this regularly but a couple of friends had said they'd be off and on for a bit so I let them be for a while.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Homework on a Friday!!! But i want to play with my Wii :happy:

That's a great idea, a little friend support can go a long way!
  • LittleMissDoll
    Options
    I usually delete people that havent logged on for days, I assume they arent as dedicated as I am. but I kind of like this idea I will definitly try it instead next time!
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options

Ooh, ooh Kathy - did you get it??? Was it delivered????

SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!! Which games did you get with it?
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    I usually delete people that havent logged on for days, I assume they arent as dedicated as I am. but I kind of like this idea I will definitly try it instead next time!

Sometimes I think the "newbies" get discouraged and drop off the site because maybe they didn't get the response they were looking for... you know, post killers by accident.

It can be discouraging - I've been there.
  • Stacilyng
    Options
    Weird you gave us that assignment... I did that this morning! Great minds!!!
  • TrekCat
    TrekCat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this, but no response, which is ok. I think that it is more important to just keep trying
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Yep, all we can do is try (which I guess goes against our group motto, but in this case is okay - probably better not to harass, lol.)
  • MellieR
    MellieR Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    As someone who has received a gentle nudge, it helps! Sometimes it's too easy for "life" to creep in and the importance of logging gets lost. I fell off the wagon the end of last year and told myself I knew how to eat right so logging wasn't critical. WRONG!!! 9 lbs later (up), I was back on this site. I've lost 6 of them and still working on it, thanks to the support on this site. :flowerforyou:
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Ooh, ooh Kathy - did you get it??? Was it delivered????

SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!! Which games did you get with it?

It made my day yesterday! I have it all set up and ready to go. I ordered Dance 3 and it should be arriving any day now!

I did send 3 messages out to friends who were off line for at 4 days. I too was in their boat, it wasn't until I started adding friends that I've really stuck with it. We'll get them back with a little nudge :)
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    As someone who has received a gentle nudge, it helps! Sometimes it's too easy for "life" to creep in and the importance of logging gets lost. I fell off the wagon the end of last year and told myself I knew how to eat right so logging wasn't critical. WRONG!!! 9 lbs later (up), I was back on this site. I've lost 6 of them and still working on it, thanks to the support on this site. :flowerforyou:

Back atcha Mel...:flowerforyou:
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    I am really proud to report that all of my MFP friends are current !!! Not one of them has a log-in lapse of time!!!

As a group of people, what an accomplishment.

Hats off to all of them!

~katie

• healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    When I notice my friends haven't logged in in a few days I always send them a little nudge to say "hey am thinking of you, am here for you" I know that helped me a lot when I was lapsing! And gained back 7 pounds...Now am down nearly 4, and I know it is because I have been more active in the community on MFP and drinking more water! :)

Hugs-
    Kendra
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you assigned this. I had dropped off for about 7 weeks last fall when i was very sick. I could barely function let alone think about logging what I was eating and exercising. A couple of friends actually checked on me to make sure everything was OK and that was very nice. Others just dropped me - I thought that was a shame because I had enjoyed their comments and tracking their progress.

When we don't log in a for a while, it doesn't necessarily mean we've quit.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I actually did that earlier today.. wrote to someone on my friends list, but that I didn't really know well. It felt better than deleting her.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

I too have been on & off w/MFP. I hope that when I post on someone's wall that somehow they get an alert and end up seeing that someone cares. I really hope I'm not annoying anyone!!