Welcome new Village Losers!

Options
Welcome to all the new Village Losers. It's great to see so many new people in the New Year. I think you'll find this is a great group, very friendly and supportive. The once a week weigh in provides accountability. Keeping a food and exercise diary here on myfitnesspal has been very helpful to me. Thet have a huge data base incluing Publix brands and local restaurants such as Panera, Perkins, Olive Garden, etc. And at the meeting please introduce yourself to the other members if you feel comfortable doing that. My experience is that everyone has been very friendly, helpful and supportive. Also I think of every Saturday as a new beginning. If I've gained back a little bit I unstress myself by saying "that was last week, today is a new day" So far I have lost 27 lbs and kept it off even over the holidays. Good luck to all of us and please feel free to post anything you want to this group or encourage an individual message to some one who had a good week and could use praise or someone who has had a slip and needs a word of encouragement. See you on Saturday

Replies

• MAGGIEBASH
    Options
    Well, here we are with such a great bunch of people all wanting to lose weight for one reason or another. Personally it was to avoid going on medication for diabetes. I felt since it does not run in the family it was probably a dietary reason why my glucose count was increasing with every visit to the doctors office. I joined the Losers at the end of July and have lost 31 pounds so far. I have learned in the past as most dieters that getting the weight off is actually easier than creating a whole new way of eating. I do not care how long it takes and I have no weight goal in mind. I think I will know when I have reached that point. Good luck to everyone and keep on trying.