WEEK 3 MISSION - Stress Less!!

Options
kasmir8199
kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
You all are doing so great with your individual programs. I wanted to take the time and point out how important it is for you all to reduce your level of stress...one BIG way to do so is making sure you get an appropriate amount of sleep each night. I know for some, this can seem nearly impossible, so I want you to really dig deep and figure a way to make it happen! Give your body the rest it needs and I promise you, results will follow.

Brainstorm ideas with the group on how to ensure you get more rest.

Replies

• monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    What's sleep? ;-) I actually do well on sleep. Normally. I get to bed around 1 most nights I work at the absolute latest, and try to get up around 10. Not always successful (I'm a night owl/deep sleeper by nature), and some days I get up super early with my husband (7:30-8AM). Sleep is usually good though - if anything, at times I get too much! Reducing stress is definitely a good plan though. I know for me, I'm working on cutting soda out of the diet entirely. Pretty good at this normally now, but I have times where I slip up. Reducing my spending is my other main way right now - the less I spend, the more I have for bills, and the happier I am when the bank account isn't in the red ;-).

Other methods for me are to try to relax at work. I'm an LPN. Stress is my job ;-). But trying to accept things as they happen, and not freak out over things beyond my control is a definite goal. Also, WORKING OUT! REGULARLY. I feel better when I'm able to work out consistently. It's hard for me to do before work in the morning, since I'm about as anti-morning as a person can be, but I can't after work because my downstairs neighbors will be mad at me. Forcing myself to get it done and over first thing every day will definitely help in that aspect!!