Week 1 complete!

Options
Katrob9
Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
Well, I still need to do the shred for the day but here we are the first 7 days done! How's everyone feeling about it? I feel like I'm def getting stronger and my endurance is going way up. The only thing still is how sore my calves get in the first round of cardio - jumpring jacks then jump rope - ouch!!

Replies

• Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yay-- good for you-- I checked on the scale this morning and see I've dropped a pound!
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm giving myself today off - I've done it 9 days in a row - I did level 2 day 4 yesterday
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find my motivation to do day 7 right now!
  • Katrob9
    Options
    Day 7 done. I've dropped 2lbs. Not going to measure until the 10 day mark but I def feel better for it. :)
  • angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!! If it wasn't for this group I don't think I would have made it this far!!! It's def pushing me everyday!!!

L1D8-Done:bigsmile:

exercise.png
  • Katrob9
    Options
    Oh my gosh!! If it wasn't for this group I don't think I would have made it this far!!! It's def pushing me everyday!!!

L1D8-Done:bigsmile:

Me too! The days when I have thought 'oh sod it, it doesn't matter if I skip one' I've thought about everyone else and the plans they have whether they're doing it every day or on certain days and have thought - nah, I can do this if everyone else is keeping to it!

Thanks everyone!
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Finished L1D7! Im becoming more fit with each workout. I still can't make it thru the first cardio set but today, while I was still huffing and puffing, it felt more due to my legs screaming. I guess that's progress lol.

I've been using my HRM the past 3 days too and I do burn fewer calories each day due to increased fitness. Today I burned 287. Yesterday was 299 and the day before was 319. I'm upping my form effort on the exercises too - I'm somewhere in between the two girls on the video.

I am struggling with weight loss too. I'm only down half a pound despite sticking to my calories most days. I do eat all or most of my exercise calories too. Hopefully I'm building muscles but we will see. I am PMSing this week so if that's the cause I should see a much bigger loss the week after.
  • Elliemom09
    Elliemom09 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Completed L1D7 !! I feel great - although i am having the same issue with the calves hurting after the first cardio set - they feel as if they are on fire. I just keep trying to tell myself that this is a good thing and it means good things are happening...lol! Don't know how much longer i can fool my body into believing that? I'm hoping this changes by day 10. I'm doing each level for 10 days. I weigh in tomorrow -- hoping I've dropped at least 2 --- will post results tomorrow!!!

Sounds like everyone is really doing great -- KEEP IT UP LADIES!!!
  • h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am 2 days behind now! However, yesterday I went to my Mom's yoga retreat so I did exercise. And this morning I went to the gym with my aunt and did the elliptical. I was going to do the shred today but was sore from yoga and had to travel back home (2.5 hours). So, I am going to jump back in with both feet tomorrow!!
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i just completed Day 7 too! I can definitely feel a difference in my endurance. The weight I initially put on after starting a week ago has gone away as of this morning, so that made me happy! :) Can't wait to see the results after 30 days.

Thanks to you all for being such great motivators. It's so nice to be on this journey with you!
  • RocksFlower
    RocksFlower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am two days behind as well, but worked out HARD the two days I couldn't fit in shredding. I plan to stay on level 1 for 2-5 more days, I've been having some joint pain and I'd like to do better on my push ups before I switch over. I keep trying to push myself harder though as it has gotten easier. So for instance I try to double my speed on the punching or butt kickers so I'm hoping to keep pushing myself until I can complete 2 sets of 15 push ups.
    I am so thankful for this group, it is really helping me stay focused and I feel so supported and that encourages me to do my best everyday so thank you to all my MFP friends!!
  • laughingatchu630
    laughingatchu630 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did my first day of level two today! I gained a lb don't know how but my waist is smaller
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done definitely getting stronger on the pushups and the strength. Feeling pretty good on the cardio. Can't wait to measure on day 10 to see if there is any difference.
  • kjsuds
    kjsuds Posts: 10
    Options
    Ok, so I will be completing day 7 of level 1 this evening! Finally made it through the whole thing yesturday without stopping, minus those damn push-ups! still have trouble with those, but it's definately getting dare I say, "easier"?

I haven't lost any weight...I actually gained almost four pounds since starting the shred...how does that work? I've even upped my cardio minutes...seems like every time I increase my exercising my weight starts to climb. I've been told that your muscles hold onto water when you are introducing new exercises, but IT'S REALLY FRUSTRATING! I've lost 41 lbs so far on my weight loss journey and have been at that sicne New Years, was hoping the shred would get me going again...but instead I've gained.

Wondering if anyone else has this problem? I'm just gonna keep going and measure everything at the end and hope I see results in inches vs pounds!
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    Ok, so I will be completing day 7 of level 1 this evening! Finally made it through the whole thing yesturday without stopping, minus those damn push-ups! still have trouble with those, but it's definately getting dare I say, "easier"?

I haven't lost any weight...I actually gained almost four pounds since starting the shred...how does that work? I've even upped my cardio minutes...seems like every time I increase my exercising my weight starts to climb. I've been told that your muscles hold onto water when you are introducing new exercises, but IT'S REALLY FRUSTRATING! I've lost 41 lbs so far on my weight loss journey and have been at that sicne New Years, was hoping the shred would get me going again...but instead I've gained.

Wondering if anyone else has this problem? I'm just gonna keep going and measure everything at the end and hope I see results in inches vs pounds!

I feel for you! I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've lost a tiny, tiny bit this month. I think 2.5 pounds since the first. And I've stepped up my exercise this month. It's depressing. My waist has gotten bigger too. Yippee. My my upper and lower abdomen are measuring smaller so far though, so I'm trying to hold onto that.

I also just upped my target to losing 2 lbs a week instead of 2.5 so I have fewer available calories each day. I have been eating my workout calories and I'm thinking I shouldn't be. I've always had to go below the recommended calories to lose weight before. I don't know the answer, but you're not alone!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I skipped yesterday. I felt I needed a rest day. I've been using 3lb weights for each arm and last time it felt like it was too easy now. So, today I will be starting with 5lb weights. yay! Btw, I lost 2lbs this past week! Thanks Jillian! lol
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    I skipped yesterday. I felt I needed a rest day. I've been using 3lb weights for each arm and last time it felt like it was too easy now. So, today I will be starting with 5lb weights. yay! Btw, I lost 2lbs this past week! Thanks Jillian! lol

I went and bought 4 lbs because I felt like jumping to 5 lbs would be too much. They're not easy to find, but MCSports had them.
  • therighttrack
    therighttrack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I too, have not been loosing this past week. I have not measured yet, I am waiting for day 10; although I do feel a little slimmer, that may just be wishful thinking on my part!
  • lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    I gave myself off yesterday after 6 days straight. I just mentally needed a break. I just completed day 7 of level 1 and it's really starting to get easier. I'm thinking tomorrow I'll increase the weight and how deep I go on a couple of the exercises to finish out L1. Interested to remeasure after the first 10 workouts!
  • shayjgordon
    shayjgordon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I did my weigh-in and measurements today, as I do every Monday and, although I haven't lost weight, I have lost Inches!! Woohoo

Waist: -1
    Hips: -0.5
    Belly Button: -1.5
    Legs: Right: no change, Left: -0.5
    Arms: Left +1, Right: +0.5
    Chest/Bust: no change

Going to be doing Day 8 when my little one goes down for her nap, and I'm going to challenge myself to keep up with Natalie!

Happy Shredding!