And other things...

Options
Hey all -

I know losing weight is our focus here, but are there other things you're trying to do with your life, possibly simultaneously?

I'm trying to teach myself French and sign language (been studying it on/off for a year now.)

~katie

Replies

• Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to improve at photography, pass my uni course, learn magic and improve at guitar/keyboard......Busybusybusy :-D
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Hey all -

I know losing weight is our focus here, but are there other things you're trying to do with your life, possibly simultaneously?

I'm trying to teach myself French and sign language (been studying it on/off for a year now.)

~katie

Ha, when I first read that I thought you were trying to learn French sign language!!!

I am trying to prevent looking like my father, not be a lazy *kitten* and of course for vanity!!!!!
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    My goal is to also build my self image! I struggle with my image and depression, which has lead to an inner struggle with cutting :( but I am doing better and finding lots of support!
  • sezz_25
    sezz_25 Posts: 75
    Options
    I'm trying to start reviewing for the bar exams so I can finally attain my dream of becoming a lawyer. But everytime I open my books, I just don't feel the drive to study.

I have convinced myself to just start seriously studying from February 1.

I hope we all attain our goals!
  • rbvaudrizle
    rbvaudrizle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Si vous avez besoins de la pratique envoyez mois une courielle.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'm not making enough time for these, but in addition to getting fit, I'm working on:
    - Improving my Spanish.
    - Learning to play the keyboard/piano.

I'm considering earning a Certified Personal Trainer.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to make time to get back into photography. I've also started knitting to keep my hands busy and out of the sweetie jar lol :)
  • H0neybug
    H0neybug Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I would like to move to Colorado...so I am trying to get my house sold and figure out what I want to do with myself when I do move.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Learning Norwegian as well as spending a lot of time every day looking for and applying for work in Norway.
  • Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I would like to work on my finances. I spend way too much and I really should get on a budget and save for my future. I'm one of those people who goes to store and never sticks to my list. (kind of like my diet, I go over my calories not thinking of the long term health risk of being overweight).

I'll have to work on that.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Si vous avez besoins de la pratique envoyez mois une courielle.

Okay, think I understood (without looking them up) if you (si vous) with (avez) practice (pratique) my (mois) -

not sure about envovez or courielle - will have to look those out since I couldn't figure them out.
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    I'm not making enough time for these, but in addition to getting fit, I'm working on:
    - Improving my Spanish.
    - Learning to play the keyboard/piano.

I'm considering earning a Certified Personal Trainer.

My friend who owns an Xbox/kinect, tells me there's some "game" on the system which allows you to learn how to play instruments, like guitar, etc.

Also, I don't know if yours offers the same, but our public library offers free on-line language courses in almost any language you can think of. You may want to check to see if your library has something like that.

Everyone has such interest different interest, who knew? I'm really glad you guys are sharing this stuff with the rest of us.

~katie

• healermoon
    healermoon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am taking Persian 2 at the local community college. It is a 5 credit class and I have to say it much more tough than my Master's levels classes when I was in grad school! I am also looking for full time employment, which in these times finding the right job at the right pay is feeling impossible.
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    I am taking Persian 2 at the local community college. It is a 5 credit class and I have to say it much more tough than my Master's levels classes when I was in grad school! I am also looking for full time employment, which in these times finding the right job at the right pay is feeling impossible.

Wow, so many aspirations in different languages and then the bar exam and budget crunching!

It's a wonder how we're not all running ragged, rock on guys!!!

~k

• minnie_the_minx
    Options
    i'm not sure if this counts; but right now i'm trying to find employment after being out of
    work for some time. it takes up a lot of time! it's also quite daunting, as not only has it
    been a while since i've worked, but my confidance is low because of the weight gain :frown:

then when i have a job i can afford to have some hobbies! lol :smile:
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm collecting 17 years worth of poetry to publish. It's been a dream to have my name on the cover of a book so I decided to take the step and at least see how much I have to work with.

So far I am finding I'm very prolific and I have a good stash of written work.

Maybe 2012 will be the year I self-publish my first book of poetry :)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hey all -

~katie

I play Bassoon for two adult community bands and an adult community orchestra
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    i'm not sure if this counts; but right now i'm trying to find employment after being out of
    work for some time. it takes up a lot of time! it's also quite daunting, as not only has it
    been a while since i've worked, but my confidance is low because of the weight gain :frown:

then when i have a job i can afford to have some hobbies! lol :smile:

Hey Minnie -

It's wonderful to have you back !!!

Finding something like that counts big time, and actually trumps the hobby category.

I wish one of us could help you with this, but since we're all spread out, that's difficult.

Just curious, because you never know, what is your industry of specialty?

• katiebythebay
    Options
    I'm collecting 17 years worth of poetry to publish. It's been a dream to have my name on the cover of a book so I decided to take the step and at least see how much I have to work with.

So far I am finding I'm very prolific and I have a good stash of written work.

Maybe 2012 will be the year I self-publish my first book of poetry :)

That's just very neat. What a compilation that will be.

Bon chance!

~katie