strength training..

Options
Do you have to use weights to do strength training??? I am beginner so I've been doing Lunges, squats, abs. I have done Valerie Bertinelli's video but is it strength training or cardio ?? SOOO CONFUSED

Replies

• kkarrolle
    kkarrolle Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You don't have to use weights as such, but you can use your own body weight...google bodyweight exercises.

I haven't see the video so can't help with the that.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I plan on using resistance bands while I boost my strength. I have some weights too, but the heavier they get, the more expensive they get.
  • jgriffin88
    jgriffin88 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use a workout by the Nike Training Club. They have several workouts available for all fitness levels. Some use equipment and some don't. I don't work it like I should but I try to do the workout 3 times a week. I have just started strength training and losing weight myself. Nike training club is an app I found on my iPhone/iPad.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    No, you don't have to use weights. Beginners often start with bodyweight only exercises to master perfect form before adding weight/resistance. It shouldn't take long (2-3 workouts) to master form so add resistance as soon as possible.

Can't answer the Valerie question, I've never seen it.

Yes, it takes investment ($) to achieve your goals. It's all about priorities.