Week 5

Options
lawoods
lawoods Posts: 56 Member
Finished w4d3 tonight. Will be headed to w5d1 Tues....I think I can I think I can. I found a long with counting to take my mind off trying to breathe right I like to watch the ninja challenge shows and tonight I watched hockey tonight. The sound is turned down and I listen to my music on the ipod but I like to be distracted by the action. :0)

How is everyone else?

Replies

• frogman4591
    Options
    I am going to do my W5D3 today. On Day 2, I though about lower my speed from 6.5 to 6.0 mph. But I kept it at 6.5 and did it. The first 8 minutes were actually harder than the second 8. today i plan on starting at 6.5 mph and work my speed up and down to push myself as much as I can. I know my legs can handle it, it is my breathing endurance that I am working to improve. I will let you all know how this comes out for me.
  • lawoods
    lawoods Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How is it going Frogman? We went to Jamaica Feb5th and when we got home had a death of a friend. Been reeling since. Have only ran once but did complete W5d2. Thought about going back to week 4 but tried it and made it. (It was difficult.) Have been kicking myself for not getting out on the beach. I was just too embarrassed to run where people could see me....
  • frogman4591
    Options
    Going good. Yesterday I completed week 7. Hard to believe sometimes that I am running now. Did week 7 at 6 mph and it sure feels good. Sorry about the death of your friend. As far as being embarrassed, I have to remember that people are probably not paying attention to me anyway.

We bought a used Total Gym and I have started to use it for strength training. I am so used to walking that I could literally walk all day. But 25 years of pushing a mouse around and my upper body is in sad shape.

Been reading a book called "Younger Next Year" You might want to take a look into it. It's helping me a lot.

Keep going forward.:smile:

Dale