Doubling up missed days?

Options
This week, friday through monday we are going on vacation. When we travel we never take anything electronic but one cell phone in case of emergency. So I wondering since Im going to miss 4 days of 30DS should I double up and do two a day this week (Mon-Thur.)? The resort has a gym so I plan on going and doing my mile run a day but EVERY vacation whether I work out, watch what I eat ect I always seem to gain weight :( So im trying to make this time different!

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I'm going on vacation too, but plan on taking Jillian (I'm going out of state to visit my sister). I'm hoping to be able to get it in every day but we'll see. If you wanted to do Jillian, you could just write down all the exercises and do them without the video.
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yeah thats what Im thinking about doing too, I pretty much have everything memorized its just the times Ill forget. I did todays already, think I may do another one tonight once baby is in bed and hubby is at work. Not so confident working out in front of the fittest skinny person EVER (my husband :p )
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smart phone? I know on my iphone I can set multiple alarms. You could set it for all the exercise switches. I'm not sure the max number I can set.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Lol I'd take your weights and set a timer. I don't know about you but if I had a timer I could do these all without her now I have it memorized. :-) or write it down. Good Luck!
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Well...two a day might be a bad idea :( I just tried to do it for the second time today and my knee is hurting me real bad :( I couldnt do jumping jacks or butt kicks. I guess Ill just do it once a day and do a little at the gym and try and do it on vacation.
  • smithashlie
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!! Two a day would be a killer! I think instead I would do a little more running (maybe try 1 1/4 miles!) and add some ab work (think 100 crunches) and some push-ups! I'm sure that would be the perfect solution to getting a good 25-30 minute workout in without the video!! Have a blast!!!
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice on a couple days, in morning and again at night.. Not impossible but can definitely leave you with sore muscles. I'd try doing the exercises on your own while on vacation. Probably better for you to burn some calories on vacation anyway...
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    I did it 2x in a day a couple of times the last time I did the Shred. Definitely spread them out as far as you can. I'm thinking about doubling up a couple days because my nutritionist asked me to hold off on exercise for a bit and I really, really, wanna be moving at the same pace as the group at large. We'll see.