Repeating Week 1

Options
supergirl6
supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
Hi everyone!

I've been hitting the gym 5 days a week for the last 9 weeks and recently started working on the C25K program. I'm very overweight - 313lbs right now (started at 330 9 weeks ago) and while I am getting much stronger and losing weight and improving my endurance, I haven't quite built up enough to complete week 1 in total yet. This will be my fourth week doing week 1, but I am pretty sure it'll be my last and I can finally move on to week 2.

I haven't really felt any pain, though I have felt some stiffness in my joints a day or two after I do a C24K workout. I started out where I could only run a minute (and barely - barely finished that minute. Sometimes not even.) and then I'd have to walk for six or seven minutes before I could try again. Now I can run a minute, walk 2 minutes and the runs aren't so bad. It's amazing how quickly I've been able to build up and push through. I remember that first week feeling like I was going to die all over the treadmill. I couldn't breathe fast enough or deep enough. Now I am only very winded after my minute run after I've been doing it for fifteen minutes.

So I'm calling this week my True Week 1. I didn't think my body could do it, but I'm really proud of myself now! I've registered for my first 5k on April 22nd.

Replies

• TheIzella
    TheIzella Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are making awesome progress! I'm also overweight and I had to do repeats. I did Week 1 Day 1 six times. At first I could barely finish the shorter run sections, but my endurance has finally started to really get better. I usually get sore after running, but only the morning after a run. Usually by the afternoon, I've gotten all the kinks worked out. I'm finally ready to move on to Day 2 and super excited about it, lol! Congrats on pushing through!!!
  • TheIzella
    TheIzella Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you are making awesome progress! I'm also overweight and I had to do repeats. I did Week 1 Day 1 six times. At first I could barely finish the shorter run sections, but my endurance has finally started to really get better. I usually get sore after running, but only the morning after a run. Usually by the afternoon, I've gotten all the kinks worked out. I'm finally ready to move on to Day 2 and super excited about it, lol! Congrats on pushing through!!!
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Great Job!

I have repeated week 1 several times cause I have yet to actually finish the whole 9 weeks. Something always comes up about week 5 or 6 that stalls me out.

I signed up to a race at the beginning of April to push myself to finish.

Each time I have redone Week 1 it get easier and easier.

Congrats on starting running.
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    High five! I'm so happy to see someone in the same boat as me! I'm currently 322, and am doing Week 1 for my second week. It's getting much easier! Next week may be the start of my Week 2, but I'll have to wait and see how I feel. Good for you for pushing through this! :D
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well done and congratulations on starting C25K, and your doing the right thing listening to your body I started out at 315lb and when i did day one i felt so good i went back to do day 2 the following day and totaly failed. :sad:

Ive since completed a 5k on the treadmill and could not find a 5k race to enter so have signed up to do a 10k in June i wont win it as I'm not built for speed LOL but as long as I can finish ill be happy :bigsmile:
  • lindsayleigh82
    Options
    We will all get there at perhaps a different pace but we will get there. Running isn't one of those activities we are often expected to preform as adults and I have found it difficult. You are not alone in struggeling and you can do it. Thanks you for your post.