In a band, had a band, or solo?

Options
13»

Replies

• Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I'm an Opera singer. No band just me.

^awesome!!! I loved opera in college when I wasa voice major (for a hot minute). What part do you sing?
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bass guitarist in Onager. www.onagerband.com
  • jamieralph
    jamieralph Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Currently starting up a band. I have some of my solo recordings up online though:

http://soundcloud.com/myjanuaryfriend

Guess I'd describe my style/taste as alternative indie. I like a lot of alternative rock, rock, indie, acoustic stuff. Think me favourite artist at the mo is Jeff Buckley. Other musicians I like are: Elliott Smith, Elbow, U2, Deftones, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins and loads inbetween.
  • hannahpark3r
    hannahpark3r Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm in a college marching band haha.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    In a band again as lead vocalist, a Folk Metal band this time called TOLK:

https://www.facebook.com/TOLKmusic

We only have up an instrumental piece for now, this weekend we record some vocals for another track :)
  • kaseynaves
    kaseynaves Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am the owner of A Florida Entertainment Network and personal assistant / manager for several Florida bands, we do events and charity work as well as most all the Florida festivals.... many of us need the fitness pal to keep weight under control.. Good to have a group for us to network... Eddie Austin on My space and The Band 4 Play on you tube also Justin Heet , all or also on facebook, I have many more but those three are my friends ...The signed artist I am not allowed to list here for private issues.... All are welcome to friend me here or on Fb
  • anastasiabeaver
    anastasiabeaver Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jacque also known as AnnaBee. I"ve been in several bands, left my largest followed band in 97, went into acoustic duo's and played acoustic solo off and on for 10 years. Now getting back into playing and getting my nerve up to go play open mikes as an old lady. I'd like to feel more comfortable in my skin. I'm also a cardiology nurse, who deals with the effects of poor choices every day. Food, alcohol, drugs, and stress, all can break your heart- literally as well as figuratively. I'm trying to get into shape to be an inspiration for all those who I care for. My genre is folk, but i also invented my brand of folk inspired blues- i call it floozie. :) I think I'm very funny. That wears on my colleagues I assure you. Peace to all of you. As Marketa Irglova once said- "Fair play to those who dare to dream." "Satisfaction is doing something that didn't come easy, or fast, but came because you worked at it every day"- me
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm a mezzo-soprano with classical training. I've had offers here and there to join bands, but I usually stick to musical theater. I'm looking to branch out with a project similar to Black Tape for a Blue Girl. Lush music and dark, evocative storytelling.
  • springs47
    springs47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm a drummer and I've been in three bands. None ever made it out of my basement due to irreconcilable differences :laugh:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    played in orchestras as a kid (violin) and marching band briefly (clarinet) but never been in a 'band'.

these days i am learning guitar and trying to brush up on my improv skills with that and violin. started singing too.

i will be a rock star. might take a while...
  • Love_Metal
    Love_Metal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In a melodic rock group check it out!

http://www.facebook.com/thecrimsunband
  • halflife1978
    halflife1978 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was briefly in a band called Groove Elementz that played a couple clubs in Dallas in 2005, but we were awful. And the drummer never liked me. Mostly it's just been me and a guitar. Purely a hobbyist. I used to get a little bit of money (didn't even cover gas) for playing at a coffee shop with my bass player from GE, so I only have home recordings (except one song) and it is all pretty awkward music in general, but I enjoy playing/writing. I haven't written much in the last few years. Half Life on my soundcloud is the most recent, which I did at the end of 2012.

Here's my SoundCloud. https://soundcloud.com/mavila1978

The two electronic tracks a guy in Dallas that I know made them, and in the songs where there's a guitar, that's me except for where you hear two guitars, and the second one is a guy I worked with back in 2000 (which is also when I recorded them). The only one not in English is a crappy cover that one of my friends asked for. The rest are mine.
  • PhoenixGT13
    PhoenixGT13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey Amanda Diamond -- I used to be in a band about 40 years ago (!!) -- but since I found my spiritual path, I have recorded 9 CDs (two of them doubles), with other people who are wonderful (Broadway, folk, cabaret etc) singing with me, of my original inspirational non-denominational music -- applies to anyone who believes in a Higher Power. In other words the songs say God and Spirit but not Jesus. People from many religious backgrounds seem to love many of my songs. Would you like to hear them?
  • PhoenixGT13
    PhoenixGT13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Rusk -- I'm Mel White and my CDs are on cdbaby and amazon -- look for me or Mel White And Various Artists.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm a bass player who is in 4 bands at the moment - a couple of tribute shows (Rolling Stones and The Doors), an original rock band, and a blues band.
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Play Bass for Sourblood.... you can hear us at www.facebook.com/sourblood

Check us out and see what you think!
  • PSS33884
    PSS33884 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Have been performing solo since 2000. Have been working on putting a band together for just over 2 years. Yes, I said 2 years. Problem is, we get someone that wants to play. Then, they decide they don't like the music or they move or have another excuse. Just recently found a great drummer and rhythm guitar player. Things are looking up.

We are a cover band, focusing on 80's - 90's country with some classic rock thrown in (NO ... we are not doing Picture or Sweet Home Alabama). Every band does those songs. We are going for songs that were popular, but maybe not #1 hits. They are great dance tunes and will get people on their feet.

I have a page on FB for just me .... www.facebook.com/paulastevensmusic. Once things are set with the band, will make a FB page.
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Theres so much talent in this thread, I wish this group was active.
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Ditto
  • kickdrum41
    kickdrum41 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey! I play drums and sing in two bands. Wilderness and Corner Gospel Explosion. Both fall under the "indie rock" label. I'd appreciate an add on my profile! You can go to wildernesstheband.com or cornergospelexplosion.bandcamp.com
    To hear my stuff.

Thanks!