favorite healthy foods

Options
Hello all! :)

I would like us to share ideas to help answer the question "what to eat for dinner ?" (or for breakfast, or snacks...).

What are your favorite healthy foods and meals ???

Here are mines :

- bananas! :D (well... half a banana... I give the other half to my kids! ;P)
- peanut butter (it's healthy, right ?! I take the 25% less fat...)
- baby carrots (great as a snack when I just CRAVE EATING ANYTHING!!!)
- whole-wheat pastas (always better than "normal" pastas :P)
- cheestring (for the convenient size... only 60 calories per stick!)
- roasted chicken breast meat
- salmon or other fish
- Arctic Garden California Style veggies (with only one tablespoon of Cheezwhiz... 40 cal)
- my homemade chili or spaghetti sauce (with lots of veggies! :)
- bell peppers

Replies

• Tina0807
    Tina0807 Posts: 212
    Options
    Being a prediabetic, and married to a Type 1 diabetic, we eat extremely low carb. Our faves include:

- Dreamfields pasta with broiled chicken
    - Broccolli
    - Cod
    - Green beans
    - Buena Vida low-carb tortilla shells with low-fat cheese and chicken

If anyone has any other low carb recipes, I'd love to hear them.

XOXO
  • Skinny_Meeh
    Options
    A food discussion, my favorite!

I am a veggie girl. I love brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, zuccini, squash and so on and so on. I love Sargento Light String Cheese, taste like the normal ones but only 50 cals. Planters energy mix, 180 cals has nuts, pretzels and chocolate! Oh and Babybell Cheese, I melt them on sandwiches or on egg whites. Yummy yummy yummy! I could go on and on.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I found this idea on Pinterest about making a menu for the house for everyday of the week. So I have been using this method in the home. I cook for 5 days of week and something different each day. I have recieipes in my food diary if anyone wants to take a look. I get alot of my recipes from Allrecipes.com

My favorite dishes are: 1) Balsamic Baked Tilapia 2) Grilled Chicken Wraps 3) Baked Turkey Meatball and Garden Spaghetti 4)Shoyu Chicken.

heres the link for the menu board you can make in your own home and implement it. My daughter and husband love knowing whats on the menu a head of time and it makes planning a WHOLE lot easier!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-OTIdpzD3nn8/Tkg5yAaJBwI/AAAAAAAAA-s/LseaugI4d9Y/s1600/glass-menu-board.jpg

enjoy all!
  • micheles234
    micheles234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bought my husband a jumbo george foreman grill for christmas and I LOVE grilling vegetables on it! nonstick, so no oils needed, and if you have an Aldi nearby, that is the place to go for produce! LOW LOW prices!!
    also like oranges, or sliced apples. my new favorite cheese is goat cheese for salads, with lowfat dressing and spinach leaves.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Broccoli
    Turkey Burgers
    Tomatos
    Bell Peppers
    Onions
    Berries
    Tuna
    Chicken