Pain!!

Options
LauraSmyth28
LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
I did 30 DS for the first time yesterday and today I'm in so much pain! But it's a good pain if that makes sense? I know it's just my muscles healing and that in a few days I'll be stronger.

Just warning you all for Thursday!

I felt like jelly after my workout....so try not to plan anything too strenuous for Wednesday or Thursday lol

Replies

• Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I always get pain when I do a new dvd, unfortunately my pain is linked to water retention! I know that the excess water weight will be gone when the aches stop though, so that keeps me motivated.

Congrats for getting through it first time! My first time I got through only two circuits!
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options
    I'm in even more pain today :(

Really, I never knew it was water retention? My thighs are just so so sore, and since I did it for 2nd time today my arms are sore too.

Tomorrow is D-day!!
  • Kirkajuice
    Options
    I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but every single time that I'm sore, I put on weight, and then as soon as the soreness is gone, the excess weight is magically gone as well!

I know the sore leg feeling, it hurt me to climb the stairs or to sit down for a few days. My arms stopped hurting pretty quickly, hurt to get dressed for a few days though, had to ask the boyfriend for help! :laugh:
  • zalinia
    zalinia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The same happens to me! I worked my lower body last week at the gym and I gained 5 lbs overnight! I freaked out that next morning and immediately called my trainer. She said it was completely normal and once the muscle aches and pains went away then the "excess weight" would too. She was right! Today is my first day of not being sore so I decided to weigh myself and I am right back where I was before the 5 lbs! So don't worry! It will go back down!
  • LauraSmyth28
    Options
    Brilliant thanks for that ladies.

I'm still in a lot of pain today so won't be going near a scales!
  • Kirkajuice
    Options
    Smart choice, I avoid scales until the soreness is gone as well