So pleased

Options
BackwoodsMom
BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
The scale is FINALLY moving!!!! :happy: It's been a long, slow process and I've lost 20 lbs in the last year which seemed so slow for all I was doing. But, for whatever reason, the last few weeks have been so encouraging as the weight is coming off faster. Maybe my body is adjusting and is now off that huge plateau. My daughter also told me that our bodies get used to being a certain weight and that's where they want to stay. Once we're at a certain weight for 9 mos. that's what our bodies say is "normal" and they want to stay there. Plus side is that once the weight comes off and is kept off for at least 9 mos, that's the new "normal". Menopause makes all this so much harder.

Hope you don't mind me sharing.

(Wonder if having had my period for the first time in 4 1/2 mos a couple weeks ago had anything to do with my recent success. :huh: )

Replies

• kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What did you find that worked the best for you?
  • BackwoodsMom
    BackwoodsMom Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Consistent exercise (mostly running 3-4 days/wk) and trying to eat just 100 calories above my BMR. Sometimes I'm over on my personal calorie goal but always below my maintenance allowance.
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well done, thats amazing! I spent my first month on here not losing a thing and its so frustrating when your weight loss is slower than everybody else's. What worked for me was exercise too! I bought an exercise DVD which I do 5 days a week and that triggered off my weight loss. Thank you for sharing, its stories like this that help keep me on the straight and narrow! Have a lovely day!